Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

JTL Signs for Sky

Official

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_8101764,00.html

Similar to the Cav signing, i.e one of the worse kept secrets ever.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Personally I'd rather see JTL with Froome and Wiggo can have Cataldo, Porte and so on.

JTL and Froome have the same sort of style. Blast it up the climbs, not this "tempo" riding that Wiggo likes.

othello replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Personally I'd rather see JTL with Froome and Wiggo can have Cataldo, Porte and so on.

JTL and Froome have the same sort of style. Blast it up the climbs, not this "tempo" riding that Wiggo likes.

I agree, but I think the way the Sky camp is 'working' (or not) is Wiggo will get his pick and then Froome has the rest.

othello | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can see JTL being sent to race with Wiggo as his super domestique, whilst Froome races separately.

I do want to see a Contador v JTL smash up on some big mountains mind. That would be something.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo won the tour for the first time at 32. He was 29 when he unexpectedly came 4th.

Gkam84 replied to bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes
bashthebox wrote:

Wiggo won the tour for the first time at 32. He was 29 when he unexpectedly came 4th.

He can 4th, but will be 3rd once Armstrong's case is over with  3

But that year his team leader was Christian Vande Velde and could only finish 8th. So wasn't as strong as Wiggo and there was no-one else in the team to back it up apart from him.

Lets just say they got to the TdF next year with, Wiggo and or Froome. Then pick a few more from below

EBH, Eisel, Knees, Rogers, Porte, Sutton, Thomas, Cataldo, Kiryienka, Lopez Garcia, Rasch, Dombrowski, Heano, Uran, Sivtsov and JTL

Where is he going to get a chance at a big tour? Let alone smaller races or classic's. Sky has them all covered before signing JTL......:?

ragtag | 11 years ago
0 likes

First step up, hopefully a chance to learn a lot and then go somewhere else in a couple of years.

Gkam84 replied to ragtag | 11 years ago
0 likes
ragtag wrote:

First step up, hopefully a chance to learn a lot and then go somewhere else in a couple of years.

You do know he's 27, 28 in a couple of months. So in a couple of years will be 30.

With Froome being 18 months younger and others coming up through the ranks. JTL is just going to be a good DS and get his chance is small low profile races.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bad move. He's not going to have a chance at anything. He needed a team that was a little weaker

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Bad move. He's not going to have a chance at anything. He needed a team that was a little weaker

Totally agree. He will be a bit part player with Sky and at his age needs to be more involved. Shame really.

Latest Comments