Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wilier leaving the pro ranks

So it looks like Wilier will not be supplying any pro team next year after Lampre agreed a new deal with Merida

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/team-lampre-goodbye-...

Quote:

Merida Europe GmbH is pleased to announce its commitment to the UCI WorldTour as per January 1st 2013. With the UCI ProTeam Lampre a both likeable and successfully established team has agreed to be supplied with MERIDA’s high-end equipment for the next three seasons and to compete under the official name “Team Lampre-MERIDA”.

Will this mean an end to the pink jersey?? I hope not as Merida's colours seem to be BLACK and Green.....Do we need anymore black in the pro peleton?  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Does it mean they are off the pro peleton circuit or could they find a different team? Rumours were rife Spesh and Astana would / will part company.

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

You're not the only one notfastenough! I've been very tempted by that frame for a while!

notfastenough replied to pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes
pirnie wrote:

You're not the only one notfastenough! I've been very tempted by that frame for a while!

Just to make it worse, then Richtheroadie posted a classified ad for a SRAM Red group that would go nicely with it...

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

The new triestina gran turismo is lovely. I could see myself doing a self-build around that.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whats wrong with cycling in Scotland while being informed of the shipping weather??  3

ANYWAY. Back to Wilier, I like the look of their bikes, especially their newer frames. Shame they would be about next season.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree. I hope Sir Paul puts out a bangin' set of threads.

Wiggo, Froome and co. are going to look SO much moodier!

Hopefully they won't do stupid moody videos of Scotland cycling with the Shipping Forecast being read in the background moodily.  20

Moody.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah but that depends on Sky now. Is they decide to be something like Sky-Rapha pro cycling. Then Rapha Condor can't race in anything that has Sky in it.

But yeah, Pink and Black would be sweet. Just replace the blue with black in their current kit.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Black and pink would be good.

'Cept its a bit Rapha Condor.

Latest Comments