Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canondale synapse 2300 2013 model £600

What do you think about the canondale synapae 2300 2013 model £600 thanx

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Bedfordshire Clanger | 11 years ago
0 likes

I really don't like 2300. My advice is to save a bit more money and buy something with Tiagra or Campag Veloce or SRAM Apex. The extra money is well worth it. There are plenty of end of line deals available at the moment. Don't scrimp on your groupset as it will affect your riding experience and you'll either ride less or end up spending a load of extra money on a new one as soon as you can.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

2 years ago it would have cost you around one hundred less for same spec. But the prices creep up each year. I would look at one of 'old' 2012 models in the sale.

I have 2300 on my winter / bad weather bike and it works well enough. But the thumb button release is a pain if using the drops.

carlgrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think you can go far wrong with any of the current crop of cannondale framesets but I would say that buying a bike with shimano 2300 is false economy. You ought to be able to find something with a sora/tiagra mix for that kind of money then you can make your first upgrade wheels instead of a groupset. It all depends how obsessed you are likely to get though. I bought the bargain basement specialized Allez last year and within 3 months I'd shelled out for a 105 groupset to replace the 8 speed 2300. It was the first of many expensive upgrades!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

First thoughts having just searched it.

Its a triple.....but its fairly cheap. Then again its the lowest end groupset.

So all in all, decent value for a starter road bike, but don't expect anything special

Also if you are looking at it. Get it here with a free helmet  3

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=13986

Latest Comments