Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Rise of video cyclist's

I film some of my riding, just to show the roads around here. Not because I commute or anything like that. I also enjoy watching clips on youtube for people who film their rides and commutes. I see the problems faced by them on a daily basis.

Its also an extra "insurance" policy against anything that might happen while you are on your bike. Today someone linked me to a video that I think to be a disgrace to cyclists everywhere.

http://youtu.be/nTExEkaqmxI

This guy needs to start walking or taking a bus as he's a danger to himself, not only with his mouth, but with his cycling aswell.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

daddyELVIS | 11 years ago
0 likes

21  21 That was very funny. To be fair, he handed out some good advice to school kids, and perhaps saved a life to someone (a school kid I think) about to cross on a corner just as a car was coming through the lights. Love the part where he spots someone's coat sticking out of car door. He reminds me of when Superman flies at speed around the world to put right all the wrongs......except I can't remember hearing the 'C' word in the Superman films

OldRidgeback | 11 years ago
0 likes

I started laughing. I expect he's in his early 20s and has taken all the courses in self-righteousness and if it was an Olympic event, he'd be on the British team.

His riding means he takes things to the limit and unless he changes his style he'll end up in A&E wondering how he got there at some point. The thing is, his stuff about the doggie and the phone use by drivers is right, but the way he expresses himself will just get up everyone's nose. I did hear mocking laughter in the background at times.

If he was a better rider who rode with more caution and awareness for other road users it'd be a different thing. Unless he's a very tough character (and I get the impression he's all mouth and no trousers), he'll get a thumping sooner or later.

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Maybe he could wear a superhero outfit? "Thank you Superhorn; you saved my dog from an evil cyclist!"

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bugger ! my sound has died on my laptop, all i got was his riding and the occasional hand signal.

Gonna have to play it at work when the boss isnt around  3

yenrod | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, so ya riding down road, cars giving you space - everyones playing ball  3 ...YET to ride down road ROUGHSHOD...clanging every motor, or wanting too, wanting the whole road, shouting 'get outta my way' - wanting to jail everyone for stepping to a vehicle is a bit crazy.

I wonder sometimes if the onset of popularity of road cycling now ie Team Sky/Bradley Wiggins etc..has made the haters' hate us even more...i see the looks they give me' as they pass...most are ok, some are really bad but the majority are 'generally' ok. I hope the 'negatives' of the car fraternity lessen...as there will come a time when they have to ride a bike on the road and they too will change their attitude.

Sometimes, it does seem as though the video'ers have all problems..when in reality that section on film is 10% of all their ride ?

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

With Fatbeggar. This guy seems to be on two extremes. Chilled and pally with the road users who well - follow the Highway Code. The others - heaven help them. Must admit his road skills at times were suspect to say the least. Maybe some jellies will sort him out.

Oli Pendrey | 11 years ago
0 likes

He seems to do everything in extremes, I'm more scared of him when he's happy than when he's angry.

He's like a real life Modern Toss character.  1

robert.brady replied to Oli Pendrey | 11 years ago
0 likes
Oli wrote:

He's like a real life Modern Toss character.  1

Exactly what I was thinking, yeah?

One day he'll get a shoeing and that'll shut him up.

Rob

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think he needs to take the bus just wind in his neck! most of what he was pointing out was bad/dangerous driving, phone use and rlj all of which we can do without.
Not wishing to sound like Mary Whitehouse the language was not needful and to the non cyclists hearing that is only going to reinforce the "lycra lout" stereotype.

Latest Comments