SOLD; Trek Madone 4.5 Full Carbon Triathlon Bicycle / Road Bike

by olivercripps   September 27, 2012  

**Please note this bike is now SOLD**

My Trek Madone 4.5 Race Bike - I have been using this bike for 2 seasons, but due to injury it has spent most of this year in my hallway. I have therefore reluctantly decided to sell it on.

The Madone range was developed for Lance Armstrong *ahem* 7 times TdF winner... It has great stability and frame stiffness, even when out of the saddle. This model also offers a more relaxed riding style despite being a compact frame, ideally suited to both racing and longer rides. The combined shifter and brake lever and triple cassette makes short work of even the toughest climbs. Took a full 10 minutes off my sprint triathlon time on its first outing - who says money can't buy speed?!!

A 54 cm frame that would suit a man or woman up to 5' 9" in height (1.75m).

The bike is in great condition, used only for racing, kept indoors and cleaned after every ride. It has a tiny chip to the paintwork (less than 2mm) but otherwise immaculate. I have recently fitted new Schwalbe Lugano Bi-Colour Compound tyres and Profile Design ZBS tri bars (rrp £100). Happy to include these with the SPD pedals if you wish.

Reviews for the Madone 4.5

A Bike radar finalist for bike of the year - "proved a winner for its comfort and handling and only just missed out on a podium place".

Road Bike Review said "From cruising back roads to enjoying all-day epics to getting your feet wet in the racing circuit, Trek's Madone 4.5 does it all".

Bicycling Magazine - "RACE BRED: Engineers and product designers worked for years to get the Madone just right for His Lanceliness; now you can reap the benefits".

Madone 4.5 Spec

Size 54 cm
Frame TCT Carbon
Fork Bontrager Race Lite, carbon w/E2 aluminum steerer; SpeedTrap compatible

Wheels Bontrager Race
Tires Bontrager Race Lite, 700x23c

Shifters Shimano 105 STI, 10 speed
Front Derailleur Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra
Crank Shimano 105 50/34
Cassette Shimano 12-27 (triple), 10 speed

Saddle Bontrager Race
Seat Post Bontrager Carbon, Infinite Angle Adjustability
Handlebars Bontrager Race VR, 31.8mm
Stem Bontrager Race Lite, 7 degree, 31.8mm
Headset Aheadset w/cartridge bearings, integrated, sealed, alloy
Brakeset Alloy dual pivot w/Shimano 105 STI levers

I am happy to discuss arrangements for courier pick up at your cost. This bike is advertised elsewhere, so I reserve the right to withdraw from sale.

AttachmentSize
DSCF6889.JPG44.38 KB
DSCF6883.JPG44.75 KB

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

You might want to post a couple of pictures. Use the file attachments part and upload them.

Also, A price might help Wink

Edit: I see the pictures are up now Nerd

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9013 posts]
27th September 2012 - 16:06

1 Like

I've read it THRICE----can't see a price.
P.R.

PhilRuss

posted by PhilRuss [304 posts]
4th October 2012 - 3:39

4 Likes