Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

WORLDS ITT

The most open ITT I can remember with no Wiggins,Cancellara,Froome,Evans etc.

Martin's form not the best and the course is not really the best for him but class is permanent or can Contador recover after his Vuelta exploits?I doubt anyone will have both with the quality DS' involved.

At least 2 and probably 3 of Chavanel,Kessiakoff,Pinotti and Tejay will most likely be in all teams and that may well be where the scoring splits occur.

Velits may be worth a go? Are we getting 5pt team-mate bonuses for trade teams?

Then the plethora of high priced DS' all with good claims to place highly.

Phinney is always a threat

Larsson may find it too lumpy

Westra will like the terrain and have home advantage

Meyer may be t-o-o-o expensive

Grabsch can destroy anyone on his day

Gretsch rounds out a good German team

Tuft took the ENECO ITT

Castroviejo is in ahead of some other decent Spanish TT'ers so must be in form

Plus a couple of real secret weapons with the right research.

Anyone looking at anyone outside of those mentioned?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

64 comments

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

What happened to Westra?! Thought he had a live chance of a podium.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Roll on Sunday...

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,5 and 15 for me. I also had 21, 22, 23  31

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Puncture or bear attack then!  44

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Westra was 38th, Velits was 34th.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So my first team 2,4,5,9,12 +5 for winning country, also had 21,21,DNF and somewhere else

My reserve team was reserve for a reason then 3,19,23,25,27 and NONE of the stars to be seen  19

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Has somebody got Luke Durbridge and Alex Dowsett mixed up? I seem to have 14 points I don't think I should have.

Huffy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems that the above comment is right. Durbridge seems to have all Dowsetts points  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think so, Durbridge should have nothing  39

Also, Patrick Gretsch got a bonus for Martin winning, but Bert Grabsch not got the +5 for the winner??

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think there are a few mistakes.

How can 3 riders have 5 points but two are not German??

Gretsch gets for the winner, Meyer gets for being 16th home. But Fugly should have 0

Jakob Fuglsang RadioShack-Nissan 5
Cameron Meyer Orica GreenEDGE 5
Patrick Gretsch Argos - Shimano 5

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear, my expensive ds' did nowt  20

Back to the drawing board, need a bloody marvellous road race to get anywhere near top fifty for comp.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think a big shout out should go to Riccardo Zoidl, just because I like the team he comes from.

RC ARBÖ Gourmetfein catfish  19

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

yeah dream team still has Durbridge in with 14!!  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My problem was thinking Martin wouldn't win, I thought he'd be 3rd home today, So I chose to leave him out in favour of having a couple of lower value stars and higher value DS's.

It nearly worked if Marco Pinotti had not gone down. Thats where my team failed. He was on for a top 3  31

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Martin has been shite all year so never thought he would get anywhere near top 3 never mind win.

Not that i believe he has been on something but if he is going in for an op everyone else must have been really poor  39

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep i did and he was blown away by Wiggo and nearly Froome as well despite them having buried themselves in completing the TdF and the Olympics road race.

There was no Cancellara either. I stick by my opinion he has been poor all season, but well done to him, you can only beat whats in front of you.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree he's had a poor year, but he was always going to finish in the top 3 today (especially with no Wiggins/Canc/Froome).

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Poor all season??

He won the Tour of Belgium, 2nd ahead of Wiggo at Algarve and 5th behind some big names at the Tour of the Basque Country.

Not bad going, considering in the TdF he broke his wrist and still kept going for 9 stages before retiring to let it heal a bit before the Olympics. Where it was just a factor in his riding as he could not grip well. So I think he's done not bad.

Contador was shocking today though. I take it his meat products have stopped arriving in special packages  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Marco Pinotti ‏@marcopinotti
Broken collarbone confirmed and operation required. Off to Herentals, Belgium tomorrow. Lots of time to think from now on.

simon F replied to | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I think so, Durbridge should have nothing  39

Also, Bert Grabsch not got the +5 for the winner??

Fuglsang's got his points - must have passed him  4

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I think there are a few mistakes.

How can 3 riders have 5 points but two are not German??

Gretsch gets for the winner, Meyer gets for being 16th home. But Fugly should have 0

Jakob Fuglsang RadioShack-Nissan 5
Cameron Meyer Orica GreenEDGE 5
Patrick Gretsch Argos - Shimano 5

All fixed now - 14 points down  2 Leagues still need updating

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My problem was thinking Martin wouldn't win, I thought he'd be 3rd home today, So I chose to leave him out in favour of having a couple of lower value stars and higher value DS's.

It nearly worked if Marco Pinotti had not gone down. Thats where my team failed. He was on for a top 3  31

Kept Martin after nearly taking him out for Contador but decided this would be the one he'd be aiming at. Had Pinotti as well (looks like collar bone but let's hope not, nasty crash) but still got 1,2,4,5 + 12 and 5 points for Grabsch (had him in for a place but 5 still useful). Think I was one of the highest of the teams with Pinotti on 149. Lucky some of the other stars around that price didn't do so great; Velits, Chavanal, de Gendt all scoring low. Changed Velits for Kessiakoff fortunately.

Roll on road race. That's going to be very difficult to predict, could be another Amstel Gold with very low scores.

Wig_Billy replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Martin has been shite all year so never thought he would get anywhere near top 3 never mind win.

Not that i believe he has been on something but if he is going in for an op everyone else must have been really poor  39

Did you watch the Olympics?

Debarrio replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

What happened to Westra?! Thought he had a live chance of a podium.

He thought so too! Apparently, he cannot TT in the rain or in wet conditions. He chickened out in the corners and couldn't find his mojo on the straights. So much for his nickname "the Animal"...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 20

Martin
Phinney
Kiryienka
Van Garderen
Kessiakoff
Gruzdev
Barta
Dowsett
Contador