Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

UCI Road World Championships

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

the main reason we changed it for the ToB was because it was a small field with very few stars; neither of those are true of the world champs

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

It is a shame the 4/5 split is in place becuase I'd quite like to run a team of 5 stars for the Worlds, with the likes of Gerrans, Boonen and Leukmans all at fairly low prices I reckon you could just about squeeze 6 stars in if you were prepared to go cheap on DSs.

Stumps replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

It is a shame the 4/5 split is in place becuase I'd quite like to run a team of 5 stars for the Worlds, with the likes of Gerrans, Boonen and Leukmans all at fairly low prices I reckon you could just about squeeze 6 stars in if you were prepared to go cheap on DSs.

Your right, i've had a bloody headache for ages now trying to fit 6 into 4. I know the 2 i drop will come in the top 10  20

0 likes

there's automatically a purists league for each comp. in this instance it'll be the same as the main league

0 likes

the answer is yes

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope so, seeing as I've already made my changes...

Every other unlimited window (such as the ones mid-classic season) have been fine for Purist transfers but it seemed odd having a purist league for two races with an unlimited transfer window in between.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, it's a bit short notice to be rolling it out for the road race now but I would like to see it trialled for one of the other races, possibly the Lombardia or Tour of Beijing?

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Yeah, it's a bit short notice to be rolling it out for the road race now but I would like to see it trialled for one of the other races, possibly the Lombardia or Tour of Beijing?

aye, mebbe  1

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Looks like the Tour of Britain has done away with the 4/5 split  13

I'd like a shot at trying this format out in a different setting, where there are (!) lots of Star Riders. Could we try this for the World Championhsip Road Race?  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

Looks like the Tour of Britain has done away with the 4/5 split  13

I'd like a shot at trying this format out in a different setting, where there are (!) lots of Star Riders. Could we try this for the World Championhsip Road Race?  1

Im guessing thats something that could be in the pipeline for next year maybe.

The only reason the ToB was done that way ,was there was literally 6 star riders, whereas in the Road race there is still a pretty even split between DS's and Stars

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was going to ask the same question, I assume that we can as it's an unlimited transfer window between the two races but the fact that there's a 'purist World Champs' league confused me.

muddyfox69 | 11 years ago
0 likes

As a purist, can you re select your team between the TT and the road race?

TheBigMong replied to muddyfox69 | 11 years ago
0 likes
muddyfox69 wrote:

As a purist, can you re select your team between the TT and the road race?

I would hope the answer is yes. That's how the Olympics and the GP Montreal/Quebec races worked. In the real world, the TT and the road race are treated as separate, independent one-day races with no cumulative scoring, so purists *should* be able to make transfers in between.

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The problem with that is its not cut out the riders who are not going to be there. So for GB, its listing 14 riders.....

Where can we find the FINAL startlist for the TT?  39

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I did my team and completely forgot about Sagan  39

Im going with no Martin for the ITT, so maybe I will go with no Sagan for the road race

Pages

Latest Comments