Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

ToB Stage 5

This looks like a Dan Lloyd stage to me. House in a breakaway, for a change? Guessing a sprint finish despite it being slightly uphill.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sprint 2;
1. Basso.
2. Huzarski.
3. Salzberger
4. Williams.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Breakaway of 3 riders now clear; Basso of Liquigas Salzberger of @TeamRaleighUK and Huzarski of NettApp gap over 2 mins now.. #tob2012

I suspect that this will make a difference to most teams will have stuck to sprinters. If these three pick up all the sprint and KoM points that'll upset most teams.

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Quote:

Breakaway of 3 riders now clear; Basso of Liquigas Salzberger of @TeamRaleighUK and Huzarski of NettApp gap over 2 mins now.. #tob2012

I suspect that this will make a difference to most teams will have stuck to sprinters. If these three pick up all the sprint and KoM points that'll upset most teams.

It wont really upset mine too much, as i dont have House so at least he wont be scoring much.

Plus i can make 4 changes for tomorrow so may take some risks.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

There was an early crash too, Brett Lancaster has retired

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

KOM 1 Result;
1. Barta.
2. Sanchez.
3. House.
4. Hampton.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sprint 1 result;
1. Leigh Howard.
2. Luke Rowe
3. Russ Downing
4. Pete Williams

So that's points for just about everybody in the comp.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I forgot to make my changes....

And this years finish is nothing like last years.

Its uphill untill you hit the final left hand bend with about 250m to go and then its flat as a pancake, whereas last years finish was very technical on narrow roads going uphill completely to the line for the last 500m

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

drheaton - i agree kept my team fairly stable for stage 6 which should be the stage that sorts it all out.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was quick to learn during the Giro this year that as soon as you start to 'experiment' or take risk you're only going to lose ground. Playing it safe is always a better bet unless you get lucky (Voeckler/Kessiakoff at the TdF, De Gendt/Cataldo at the Vuelta).

I've gone fairly safe and just brought in a couple of stronger people who should contest a sprint finish but kept my team fairly stable.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

The finish looks fairly similar to last year's Stoke stage (just goes on for an extra few hundred flat metres), and Boom won that, but there were sprinters up there too.

I was thinking of dropping a couple of sprinters for strong guys, but couldn't really spot anyone I fancied, apart from 2 that I already have (Vanmarcke and Caruso).

So brought in JTL and Rowe, as I think both of them will be going for GC and will hopefully be scoring high over the next few days. Leaves me with a very boring team, but I tried experimenting in the Vuelta and that got me absolutely nowhere! (575th to be precise, after 150th in the TdF. Bit of a comedown).

Pages

Latest Comments