Home

This looks like a Dan Lloyd stage to me. House in a breakaway, for a change? Guessing a sprint finish despite it being slightly uphill.

40 comments

chrisdstripes [1705 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

The finish looks fairly similar to last year's Stoke stage (just goes on for an extra few hundred flat metres), and Boom won that, but there were sprinters up there too.

I was thinking of dropping a couple of sprinters for strong guys, but couldn't really spot anyone I fancied, apart from 2 that I already have (Vanmarcke and Caruso).

So brought in JTL and Rowe, as I think both of them will be going for GC and will hopefully be scoring high over the next few days. Leaves me with a very boring team, but I tried experimenting in the Vuelta and that got me absolutely nowhere! (575th to be precise, after 150th in the TdF. Bit of a comedown).

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I was quick to learn during the Giro this year that as soon as you start to 'experiment' or take risk you're only going to lose ground. Playing it safe is always a better bet unless you get lucky (Voeckler/Kessiakoff at the TdF, De Gendt/Cataldo at the Vuelta).

I've gone fairly safe and just brought in a couple of stronger people who should contest a sprint finish but kept my team fairly stable.

stumps [3188 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

drheaton - i agree kept my team fairly stable for stage 6 which should be the stage that sorts it all out.

TERatcliffe26 [4465 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I forgot to make my changes....

And this years finish is nothing like last years.

Its uphill untill you hit the final left hand bend with about 250m to go and then its flat as a pancake, whereas last years finish was very technical on narrow roads going uphill completely to the line for the last 500m

simon F [993 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Sprint 1 result;
1. Leigh Howard.
2. Luke Rowe
3. Russ Downing
4. Pete Williams

So that's points for just about everybody in the comp.

0 likes

KOM 1 Result;
1. Barta.
2. Sanchez.
3. House.
4. Hampton.

0 likes

There was an early crash too, Brett Lancaster has retired

0 likes
Quote:

Breakaway of 3 riders now clear; Basso of Liquigas Salzberger of @TeamRaleighUK and Huzarski of NettApp gap over 2 mins now.. #tob2012

I suspect that this will make a difference to most teams will have stuck to sprinters. If these three pick up all the sprint and KoM points that'll upset most teams.

0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Quote:

Breakaway of 3 riders now clear; Basso of Liquigas Salzberger of @TeamRaleighUK and Huzarski of NettApp gap over 2 mins now.. #tob2012

I suspect that this will make a difference to most teams will have stuck to sprinters. If these three pick up all the sprint and KoM points that'll upset most teams.

It wont really upset mine too much, as i dont have House so at least he wont be scoring much.

Plus i can make 4 changes for tomorrow so may take some risks.

0 likes

Sprint 2;
1. Basso.
2. Huzarski.
3. Salzberger
4. Williams.

0 likes

Sprint 3 ;
1. Huzarski.
2. Basso
3. Sulzberger.
4. Eisel.

silas chime [189 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If that's correct then I'm chuffed that I kept the faith with Basso.

Took out Sabatini for VanMarcke this morning to leave me with the following AND 4 transfers(banked one yesterday).

Basso  4
VanMarcke
Cavendish
House
VanPoppel
Urtasun
Downing
Rowe
Howard

0 likes

KoM 2 ;
1. Sulzberger.
2. Basso.
3. Huzarski.
4. Urtasun.
5. Holohan.

0 likes

The race is all over the shop now

0 likes

Really annoyed now that i forgot to make my transfers and take out schron for vanmarcke

Crazy from Wiggo, Cav out the back by 3 minutes

Gkam84 [9068 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Just tuned in, Wiggo "I've had to much for breakfast"  19

He's just rolling along helping Cav out

0 likes

Sky GC over too, why did they send Wiggo back  39

0 likes

Gonna be some crazy fantasy scores tonight, glad i can change it up tomorrow

0 likes

Wiggo's not interested in this tour, He said, Its just a victory lap of the UK. So he's quite happy to drop back and help Cav. I also think he doesn't want to show his hand before the world champs. He's not racing the TT, So its all in for the RR.

I didn't make any changes as I thought Urtasun, House and JTL would be up the front anyway.

0 likes

At least I have JTL, I can only hope Caruso, Schorn and Martias are in that front group but i doubt it

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Fairly pleased so far today

Cav
Rowe
Howard
boy
SS
Urtasun
House
Locke
Downing

Was hoping Wiggo was gonna have go today or tomorrow.......

0 likes

Even happier that Van Poppel and Howard are in the main bunch. Giving me a few up there and 4 changes for tomorrow.

Sky have given up though.....Lazy buggers. It wasn't a huge task today  39

0 likes

To be honest, I thought Sky would let Cav lose the jersey today, I reckon he'd rather win stages in the World Champ jersey that ride around in the 'gold' one.

Nice to see that they're not dominating though, I didn't want to see a Sky vs the rest race.

chrisdstripes [1705 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm out and about with just my blackberry for company, anyone fancy giving me a brief overview of what's happening?

0 likes

Official word is: "riders currently spread all around Staffordshire".

0 likes

Whats the bets on shabby results today......After all. The only time we've had instant stage results is when Cav wins

0 likes

1-2 for United healthcare
3-4 for Garmin

0 likes

SO nevermind the buzzcocks wins

The fight for second between

Van Poppel
VanMarke

0 likes