Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Your safety and security

A few months ago, helmet mounted cameras were talked about on here.

I bought one from China off eBay sold as:
8GB 120° HD 720P MINI DVR ACT20 Waterproof Helmet Camera Motorcycle Bike Cam. Less than £50 with a card.

I also had a look at the pictures that come off the non HD version. HD version - number plates easily readable, non-HD ... need to be close and in the right light so not as useful.

I mount the HD one on my helmet every bike ride and the record time of about 3 hrs is plenty for me. If I do longer rides, I stop to flip over the micro SD card.

Long story which I won't bore you with, but I called police over an incident with a car and the camera was invaluable ..... paid for itself many times over.

Commuter, racer or casual rider: I thoroughly recommend you look into it. If enough of us do it and report idiots, it could make a difference! Imagine if car drivers think they maybe recorded ...safer for all!!

p.s. I respect your right if you don't wear a helmet. Put camera on your crossbar.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a HyVid sport 1080p it's HD the camera lens sits on my helmet whilst the main body sits in my jersey pocket the lens is 35mm in diameter and 100mm long, the battery lasts two and a half hours (two supplied) and slot takes 32GB card 9 hours at full HD.
Like you I had an incident where the camera proved invaulable (driver prosecuted) I have also spotted frantic arm tugging and pointing from passengers in oncoming/overtaking cars which gives me a lovely warm feeling and a big smile to my face.

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll see if I can put a photo of it on my helmet.

About 8cm long, cylindrical, 1.5cm diameter.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I use a Contour Roam.....Great wee camera. But don't film in video anyone, Instead I do timelapse and depending on my ride I'll set it a every 1,3 or 5 seconds

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

How big is it? I was looking at the go-pro's but they look too big on a helmet for my liking.

I wouldn't be able to decide where to put it - one facing rearwards seems like a good idea as well.

Latest Comments