Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2012 Worlds

Whilst its still a week away from the TT just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the races and can Cav defend his road race title  39

Its a big ask but you never know !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

For the TT my orginal draft involves taking a risk

Ive left out Martin basically in favour of having what could/should be much stronger set of DS's, especially with an apparant lack of form and the hilly nature of the course

Anyone else thinking this?

As for the road race im thinking of either of these combos  39 Gilbert/valverde or Boonen/Rodriguez

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

No not this year  19

Already decided that i more than likely won't be picking out and out sprinters, just all the punchy all rounders.  3

As for the 4/5 split, i hope so too, especially when it comes to the TT  1

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Checked the route profile and your probably right. Looks like a good old Gilbert / Boonen / Gerrans type of route but any sprinters still there at the last 2km will fancy their chances.

If you look at the official site it has the profile and climbs 5 + 6, although not steep are long enough to shell a few out of the back if the hammer goes down, personally i think thats where it will be lost by the sprinters.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In a word... 'Probably not'.

I expect the Aussies, French and Spanish in particular to push the pace and break as many sprinters as they can (including Boonen) before the summit of the final climb.

Nobody really expects a sprint finish and very few 'proper sprinters' are likely to make it to one anyway so I don't think that'll be Plan A for many countries.

What I'd like to know is, is the 4/5 split going to be in place because I'd quite like to pick about 6 stars for this race.

Pages

Latest Comments