Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Raleigh Flyer

I have happened across a very reduced price Raleigh Flyer, anybody got one or experience of one? Would it be a worthwhile purchase?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

You could get gears for not much more:

http://www.devlo.co.uk/

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

See, I knew there'd be a good reason.

Saving for a wedding so can't justify any extra expense. If I want to replace my knackered old mtb (it probably classes as a hybrid now, but there were no hybrid's when I bought it) it needs to be at bare minimum cost.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't really add gears as its track hubs and horizontal drop outs  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's a nice looking bike. I've been looking at replacing my old MTB with something for roads that's as cheap as possible, shame it's got flat bars and is SS, wonder what the cost would be to add some gears... (might as well just buy a geared bike I guess).

steff | 11 years ago
0 likes

£175 on Raleigh's own site at the moment. Not going to be anything at all special, but if you're going to get a sub-£200 bike, a steel singlespeed seems like a pretty good bet for minimum irritation.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Depending on how much it is. Is it new?

I've not had one, but they are decent bikes in the Fixie, S/S market. Deep section rims. The only thing is they are flat bars........Not a fan of them  19

Latest Comments