Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Swimming the English Channel = Cycling ?????

7 A good friend of mine has just completed swimming the English channel in 15 hours and this got me thinking ? what would be the equivalent “event ” for a cyclists ?
Lands’ end to John o Grout’s (or the other way) ?, La Marmotte ? Mt Blanc ? London – Paris ?
But all of these have 10,000’s of people completing them every year were as the channel has only just got over a 1000 in the last 80 years !!

So thoughts and suggestions ? My current thinking is that it might be something to aim for in 2014 !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Mixk40 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks the PBP looks interesting ! The tunnel ? Not sure even I am that crazy ( or stupid !) to have a go !

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cycle all the 100 best British climbs in a week.

Flanders/Roubaix pro rides.

Lands end to John o'Groats and back again in 2 weeks.

12/24 hour TTs are a dying spectacle.

Food for thought.

bazzargh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Paris-Brest-Paris brevet? Only held once every 4 years, limited to 385 from the UK now, to *get* there you have to have ridden a 200 km, 300 km, 400 km and 600 km ride that year, and the ride itself is 1200km in under 90 hours? (15-30% don't make it). It's a challenge.

Or even... do it on a brompton. It's been done, but I think only a handful have made it under the limit.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

What about climbing to road to the Salang Tunnel and then cycling through it? Thats gotta be a rare one?  3

Latest Comments