Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

advice on selling a bike

Hi

anyone had a good experience selling a bike online? IE good result via certain websites/forums/classifieds(Gumtree, Cycling weekly, Ebay etc etc)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

mpt68 | 11 years ago
0 likes

there is also @sellmybikestuff if you go on twitter

ManyFacedTMan | 11 years ago
0 likes

interesting thought, thanks for that

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Consider splitting it up into its constituent parts, takes time and effort to value and list everything, but you may get more money in the end.

People may just want the wheels or seatpost or something.

TheHatter replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Consider splitting it up into its constituent parts, takes time and effort to value and list everything, but you may get more money in the end.

+1 if you can be bothered then the sum of the parts is usually worth a lot more - especially if its mid - high end. Also it makes it more manageable to package up.

I've used both ebay and forums and they both have advantage and disadvantage. Never had any big problems with either though you do get some time wasters on forums while ebay gives all the rights to the buyer.

ManyFacedTMan | 11 years ago
0 likes

thanks, if i can't sell it i'll let you know!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Plenty of people buy and sell on here, Just go to the classified section and post the details and pictures.

Otherwise.....You could just donate it to Gkam's ever growing museum.....All donations great appreciated. Will even pay for delivery  19

Latest Comments