Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Another Tabloid Article on Cyclists ... DM 9/9/12

Saw this article this morning, thought i'd share the love, yet another opinion piece.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200280/Cyclists-How-thuggish-mi...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

RhysW | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sometimes you need a laugh and the DM is great for this - or just need to get worked up about something!

Still doesn't stop the fact that somebody has a forum which she's using to diseminate a pretty awful view.

Carlton Reid | 11 years ago
0 likes

When at airports I take the German/French/Danish newspapers rather than the free Daily Mail. I can't speak German/French/Danish.

irishnago | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got daily mail free at airport today (honestly I didnt pay for it and only lifted for the wife). I read it in about 10 minutes (the whole paper) and spotted article and remembered previous article as well. Sent off complaint earlier today to press complaints.

TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Curse you, I clicked on the link and now I feel in need of a shower.
Seems curious that she didn't mention in her piece that the same thing had happened two years earlier as this wasn't a rehash, the circumstances are different. Not that I'm saying she sounds like a bare faced liar - I'm sure a fine publication like the Mail would never employ such a person.

Mat Brett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I suspect Mrs Wyatt Snr is throwing herself under the wheels of oncoming cyclists. It's the shame of having a daughter who works for the Daily Mail.

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not that it's any skin off my nose (Guardian reader), but is she not getting paid to write original pieces, and not just slightly rework old ones? Perhaps the Daily Mail should look at her fees.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant spot Carlton - maybe she's just REALLY unlucky?!  4

0 likes

I'm not saying Ms Wyatt is lying about her mum's injuries but perhaps she should spend some of her cut-and-paste fees from the Daily Mail on fitting her up with a GoPro?

The next time a "cyclist hitman" takes out Verushka Banszky Von Ambroz the evidence could then be shared with all on YouTube.

mattbibbings | 11 years ago
0 likes

@Carlton Reid - Good spot!

Proof (if ever it were needed) of the need to utterly disregard everything ever printed in the Daily Fail. Sloppy innacurate drivel that I wouldn't even use to line a birdcage.

0 likes

Ms Wyatt's mum gets knocked down by hit-and-run cyclists on a suspiciously regular basis.

Pretty much the same article appeared in 2010.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1250746/Beware-rogue-bicycles-...

Latest Comments