Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Reflectors for clipless pedals

Does anyone know where I can get a set of reflectors for my Ultegra PD-6700-C carbon pedals? Just bought a Merida Scultura Comp 905e-Di2 and want to stay legal now the nights are closing in without the faff of swapping to standard pedals. Done a lot of searching on the web and can't find anything. Not even on eBay. The only place that seems to mention them is the Shimano website.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

andyp replied to SideBurn | 9 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

Found it! According to Pedal Bicycles (Safety) Regulations SI 2010/198 Section 4(12) A pedal cycle "MUST" be "SOLD" with pedal reflectors. Unless Section 3(1)(d) it is sold for or intended for competitive events.... So as long as you intend to race no problem! Or if the bike is not used between sunrise and sunset. Cannot find anything that says you must have them fitted; the Highway Code is guidance only!

I wonder where, again, reality fits here. Most decent bikes are sold *without* pedals, hence without pedal reflectors...!

Pages

Latest Comments