Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour Of Britain Question

Will we be using the Points or Sprints competition for the 5,4,3,2,1 at the end of each stage?

Also....will we be scoring the intermediate(Yodel)sprints and each mountain as per Grand Tour?

Assuming no young rider points as there's no Jersey as far as I can tell.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Janto Barker to spring the odd surprise. He's got up speed in the crits this year.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think jtl will finish in the bunch for the first few stages and start working when it gets really lumpy.

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I think jtl will finish in the bunch for the first few stages and start working when it gets really lumpy.

Stop winding people up, he's out after stage 1 and thats it. No point in picking him. Its the same as Cav. He's there to spin about after trying to win stage 1  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, I'll explain it.....He's only there to sign a contract with Saxo after his initial letter of intent.....Racing stage one but will come in near that back and thats it. He's on the same idea as Roche, That points should not be carried over and he does not want to score anymore  3  26  19

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The old Gkam returns with his tips haha

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Shhh...  3

James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes

J T-L is a bargain... have I missed something  7

Gkam84 replied to James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes
jimmythecuckoo wrote:

J T-L is a bargain... have I missed something  7

Yup......But I cannot begin to explain what it is, But don't pick him else you'll be using a transfer to take him out after stage 1  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

First person to go see then JAndrew is Magnus Backstedt  3

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

My plan for the tob is to watch it live on monday along with the elephants znd to try and get personalised inside info,....like who is here to race and who ixs making the the numbers alongside wiggo. :0)

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

I guess you're both right. Just looked up last year's roster. While the teams rosters were a bit more star-studded (with Boom, Matthews, Hushovd, De Gendt, Rogers, Swift, Bos, Thomas, Gerdemann), the general line-up of the teams this year seems quite similar. let's hope the second tier will make the PT guys sweat. Esp. Netapp doesn't seem half bad.

0 likes

Am i not correct in saying there are only normally about 6 WT teams at the ToB anyway?

I dont think it looks any weaker than normal

This year it would seem to be Sky, Garmin, Orica, Liqugas, Euskatel and Vaconsoleil

Last year Rabobank were there but no Orica, and also Highroad and Leopard trek rather than Euskatel and Liquigas...and some decent names from those new teams SS, basso, caruso, langveld, howard, bobridge etc

Garmin, Sky and Vaconsoleil have always participated in recent years, so have Highroad until this year

You have gotta say that Saur-Sojasun (europcar raced last year) Netapp and United healthcare are all decent teams and are sending what i would consider decent rosters for the type of race/stage profiles

Then you have the normal teamns you would expect to be invited

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also, with the other races being shunted around to fit the Olympics in something was always going to suffer, shame it's the ToB.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

With the Vuelta finishing on Sunday, same day the ToB starts, but also the GP Quebec & Montreal being Friday and Sunday. Most pro teams are stretched because the World champs start a week on Sunday

So anyone thats going to the TT wont be wanting another weeks racing. With the ToB finishing the day the world champs start.....

Not a great week to fit it into the calendar. But it gives the small teams a chance to show of some riders

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

What on earth happened to the ToB? Why are most of the PT teams not taking part? Pity, as the race really seemed to gain weight and importance among the peloton. Would hate to see it becoming a boring Sky/Garmin/OGE cycle-off.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

cheers for that. actually bagdonas was in twice because he was in the olympic riders team. changed now.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've noticed a few riders need their teams changing for this race.

Bagdonas > An Post
Von Hoff > Garmin
Huzarski > Netapp

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hooray!

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, as TER says, any 9 but still limited to no more than 2 from any team!!

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

we'll be using the yodel sprints jersey because, as TER says, the points jersey is likely to be similar to the GC

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't suppose there will be any flexibility with the teams here? I think there are only 7 star riders in the event, so its a bit of a shame that we all have to pick four of them...

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Don't suppose there will be any flexibility with the teams here? I think there are only 7 star riders in the event, so its a bit of a shame that we all have to pick four of them...

Its pick any 9 riders chris

0 likes

Also another point with races like this is if you use just the points jersey as you would in le Tour etc, the points jeresy is likely to just reflect the GC as only finish line points count (whereas all points go to that jersey in teh bigegr races)(and especially when bonus seconds are awarded they are more inclined to push for the win and as a by product end up with points and teh points jersey as well) which is why they have a separate sprints jersey. And this point is maybe relevant to how races like this are scored next year when a points and sprints jeresy exist

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like a plan, the jerseys should be included really and those points seem reasonable.

0 likes

I think it should be both jerseys, why not?

Also as for scoring why not just use the ToB scoring

Skoda King of the Mountains Classification
The Skoda King of the Mountains is decided
by adding the points awarded on each of
the classified climbs. The rider leading this
competition will wear the Skoda King of the
Mountains Jersey (green stripes).
Points will be awarded as follows:
• Cat 1 climbs: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 point
• Cat 2 climbs: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 point
• Cat 3 climbs: 4, 3, 2 & 1 point

Yodel Sprints Classification
The Yodel Sprints Classification is decided by
adding the points awarded on each of the
intermediate sprints during the daily stages.
Points won in the Yodel Sprint classification
shall not count towards The Chain Reaction
Cycles Points Classification.
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st 5 points/3 second time bonus applicable
to the General Individual Classification
2nd 3 points/2 second time bonus applicable
3rd 2 points/1 second time bonus applicable
4th 1 point

Darthshearer | 11 years ago