Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which is best bike computer with GPS & heart rate monitor [HRM]?

I am considering the Bryton 20 with HRM but I'd welcome the thoughts of others out there about this please? Not looking to spend loads. Up to £120 ish. Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

balbardie | 11 years ago
0 likes

I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 and find it excellent. It has 38 data fields (of which I only use about twelve) including Heart Rate, HR Average, HR Max, HR Zones, etc, plus all the usual distance, time, speed, average, max, time of day, elevation. Downloading data to computer from USB charging cradle very straightforward. Also use it for skiing.

AJWatson | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Wjputt,

Personally I use the Garmin 800 but I noticed your price. I was actually flicking through BikeRadar forum and noticed the ALDI offer someone else posted.
HR monitor for £12.99. If you dont fancy wearing a watch maybe tie it round the handle bars?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_26322.htm

edit: Just seen it comes with a handle bar clip.

big mick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Save up buy a Garmin Edge 800 you will never look back.Also get on Strava its bloody addictive and you will wonder how you ever managed with out it.

antonio | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought a forerunner 110, not bad but had to send to back after less than a month. I already had a Ventus G1000 but find it difficult to follow all instructions regarding waypoints etc. (age related gadget problems) but it does a lot more than the 110, ie plot courses. What I find good about it is, it gives a constant read out of the heart rate percentage of max you are working at, immediate update as you go. For training, that is a big plus. Downloading is hasslefree, even I can do it, the whole workout is logged and you can follow your ride on Google Earth. I only wish I could get my head round all it offers. I got mine in a sale for less than £70.00. Well worth a look.

wjputt replied to antonio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Antonio. Are you referring to the Ventus G1000?

antonio replied to wjputt | 11 years ago
0 likes
wjputt wrote:

Thanks Antonio. Are you referring to the Ventus G1000?

Yes, and it's never missed a beat, a pity I can't get my head round all it offers but as I said the constant % read out of max HR very useful. 8 hours on the recharged battery is ample and re charges via the same usb used to download to computer.

blades2000 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know you said bike computer but have you considered the Garmin forerunner 110. If you are only looking to monitor heart rate and log a GPS track it may meet your requirements. There was a thread on singletrackworld which shows the difference between a Edge 200 and Forerunner 110.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-gps

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

I cant recomend a bike computer but I can say Garmin Edge 200 doesnt have ANT+ facility so you cant hook a HRM to it. I am enjoying my Garmin Edge 200 BTW  4

Have a gander at the reviews already done on here.

http://road.cc/gear

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Garmin Edge 500/200 obvs.

Latest Comments