Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta - Stage 10

Looks like a much easier to predict stage than some of the last few days, flat and with a sprint finish.

My team:

Davis
Bennati
Degenkolb
Viviani
Steegmans
Bouhanni
Quintana
Meersman
Marczynski

Having only made two changes over the rest day I have a full compliment of 4 ahead of the ITT where I'll be trying to shoe-horn in Tony Martin, Froome, Contador and possibly a Clement type rider.

Anyone see anything other than a sprint today and how much has the ITT affected your team? Have you started bringing in TTers already?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not done too badly, turns out I didn't have Steegmans after all... Forgot that I'd decided to bring in Castroviejo instead so hopefully that'll stand me in good stead tomorrow although I forgot about the hill  39

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

anyone know when the scores will be up?  3

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 and 4 for me think that's my best yet for the veulta  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

All of my guys for today inside the top 20

1-4, 10th and 15th, will be the standard score i guess!

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

+15, 18. Ho hum. I also had 21st  2

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

4 About time Cardoso did something, I've had him since stage 1. All of my sprinters finished in the top 20.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4 and 10 for me so far. I thought I'd overloaded with sprinters until I saw some of the teams above  39

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 4 for me, as good as I could've expected as the rest of my team are for tomorrow. Now to drop all four of them and see what kind of team I can sort out for the TT...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wig_Billy had 1st-5th and 10th so far  13

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 John DEGENKOLB GER ARG 23 4:47:24
2 Nacer BOUHANNI FRA FDJ 22 +0
3 Daniele BENNATI ITA RNT 32 +0
4 Gianni MEERSMAN BEL LTB 27 +0
5 Manuel Antonio Leal CARDOSO POR CJR 29 +0
6 Lloyd MONDORY FRA ALM 30 +0
7 Pim LIGTHART NED VCD 24 +0
8 Davide VIGANO ITA LAM 28 +0
9 Ben SWIFT GBR SKY 25 +0
10 Elia VIVIANI ITA LIQ 23 +0

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

There will be alot of big scores today

Degenkolb
Bouhanni
Bennati
Meersman
Cardoso
Mondory
Ligthart
Vigano
Swift
Viviani
Lodewyck
Ballan
Perez
JJ Rojas
Davis
Garcia
Fernandez
Ray Kreder
Maaskant
Van Winden

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

degenkolb
Davis
Swift
Vivianni
nocentini
Bouhanni
meersman
Astraloza
florencio

Better be a bit more clear cut then Sundays supposed flat stage!  39
Already made 2 of my 4 transfers for tomorrow  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

John Degenkolb
Allan Davis
Joaquin Rodriguez
Daniele Bennati
Javier Moreno
Nacer Bouhanni
Gorka Verdugo
Rami Pauriol
Rinaldo Nocentini

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The first week of the tour was fairly predictable (or would have been if there weren't so many crashes) with lots of flat stages and sprint finishes. The next week or so (with lots of minor mountains) will be more unpredictable with more breaks going away and the likes of Moncoutie going after the mountain points.

0 likes

It may change when we get to the big mountains, I think difference at the TdF was the field was more spread so breaks were allowed to go away with let say bigger contenders in (ie voeckler etc) and even though wiggins and froome were near the top form a fantasy point of view they wernt always winning stages therefore points were spread, however in the vuelta due to bonus seconds the main guys arnt letting anyone like a mollema or anton etc get near to winning or scoring big. As for the sprints, due to the reduced number of guys, barring a disatser its easy to think certain guys are gonna get into a least the top 10 so are gonna be picked.

Yesterday was the first stage that was a bit more unpredictable, those that went for the full on sprint will have lost out yesterday.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another similar team here;

Degenkolb
Bennati
Davis
Viviani
Cardoso
Kreder
Talansky
Meersman
Bouhanni

From a fantasy perspective, I think this Vuelta is quite boring. Most of the stages are very predictable, so everybody is picking from the same (very small) pool of riders all the time.

0 likes

me and you basically have the same plan and very similar teams...

only differences are I have Anacona and Talansky, where you have quintana and steegmans

And i will bring in Froome, Conatdor and Martin tomorrow for the ITT, along with having Talansky who should do well. Then who knows on marczynski and anacona. Meersman if he has a good ITT could squeeze into the top 20.

Following that would need to get in J-rod for Martin as my only transfer, as meersman could figure still on stage 12.

But at the back of my mind is being strong enough for stage 13 in what will be the last sprint stage before the rest day.

Latest Comments