Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Recommendations please for....

A pair of cycling gloves, as my £45 Castelli gloves have decided to fall apart after only around 3 months use; shame as they were the comfiest I've ever used.

Also, would like recommendation for a Gilet, capable of withstanding the odd shower.

Don't mind paying for quality items that last.

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Altura are doing a sleeveless version of the pak-a-jak. I have the sleeved version and it's very good for £40.

Inclined to agree with wingsofspeed regarding the castelli's.

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Endura make a good gilet; had mine for a couple of years with no problem. Make sure you try one for size, I was quite suprised to be a size small!

wingsofspeed68 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I would send your gloves back to Castelli claiming they were not fit for purpose. The seller has to prove they were within the first 6-months of purchase. After that it is the buyer who has to prove they were not fit for purpose. Castelli are supposedly a top brand and have prices to match. Any reputable brand would replace the gloves.

_Karlos_ replied to wingsofspeed68 | 11 years ago
0 likes
wingsofspeed68 wrote:

I would send your gloves back to Castelli claiming they were not fit for purpose. The seller has to prove they were within the first 6-months of purchase. After that it is the buyer who has to prove they were not fit for purpose. Castelli are supposedly a top brand and have prices to match. Any reputable brand would replace the gloves.

Great idea!

jezzzer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not really road gloves, but I've owned two pairs of Fox gloves which have had a hard life, lots of XC use and countless times through the wash and in my experience they last way longer than any other gloves I've ever owned (and that's a few, incl some posh Castellis). so if longevity (and reasonable comfort) are your priority I'd suggest those. they even appear to have some now that don't look particularly mtb-y.

gilet - I've had a Polaris Sphere for a few years and the waterproof membrane is only now starting to peel off, but again - that's after being probably the single most used piece of cycling gear I own and again through countless washes (i read too late that I shouldn't have used fabric conditioner). it is pretty cheap and i would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Latest Comments