Recommendations please for....

by _Karlos_   August 27, 2012  

A pair of cycling gloves, as my £45 Castelli gloves have decided to fall apart after only around 3 months use; shame as they were the comfiest I've ever used.

Also, would like recommendation for a Gilet, capable of withstanding the odd shower.

Don't mind paying for quality items that last.

Cheers.

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Not really road gloves, but I've owned two pairs of Fox gloves which have had a hard life, lots of XC use and countless times through the wash and in my experience they last way longer than any other gloves I've ever owned (and that's a few, incl some posh Castellis). so if longevity (and reasonable comfort) are your priority I'd suggest those. they even appear to have some now that don't look particularly mtb-y.

gilet - I've had a Polaris Sphere for a few years and the waterproof membrane is only now starting to peel off, but again - that's after being probably the single most used piece of cycling gear I own and again through countless washes (i read too late that I shouldn't have used fabric conditioner). it is pretty cheap and i would wholeheartedly recommend it.

jezzzer's picture

posted by jezzzer [339 posts]
27th August 2012 - 22:32

like this
Like (1)

I would send your gloves back to Castelli claiming they were not fit for purpose. The seller has to prove they were within the first 6-months of purchase. After that it is the buyer who has to prove they were not fit for purpose. Castelli are supposedly a top brand and have prices to match. Any reputable brand would replace the gloves.

Chris D

posted by wingsofspeed68 [49 posts]
28th August 2012 - 8:34

like this
Like (2)

Endura make a good gilet; had mine for a couple of years with no problem. Make sure you try one for size, I was quite suprised to be a size small!

posted by SideBurn [764 posts]
28th August 2012 - 9:40

like this
Like (1)

Altura are doing a sleeveless version of the pak-a-jak. I have the sleeved version and it's very good for £40.

Inclined to agree with wingsofspeed regarding the castelli's.

If I could have, say, 6 bikes, would it stop me drooling over others that I don't have?

posted by notfastenough [2940 posts]
28th August 2012 - 12:33

like this
Like (1)

wingsofspeed68 wrote:
I would send your gloves back to Castelli claiming they were not fit for purpose. The seller has to prove they were within the first 6-months of purchase. After that it is the buyer who has to prove they were not fit for purpose. Castelli are supposedly a top brand and have prices to match. Any reputable brand would replace the gloves.

Great idea!

_Karlos_'s picture

posted by _Karlos_ [65 posts]
28th August 2012 - 21:34

like this
Like (0)