Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pro Tour Licenses-one in-one out

If you were able to throw one team out and replace them with another what would that choice be?

Mine would be to replace Euskatel with Europcar

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Merge Lampre and Liquigas, merge FDJ and Europcar, promote some more international teams.

What both Italian and French cycling needs now are strong teams that can compete in GC and not just on breakaways. Merging FDJ and Europcar will create a strong French team with plenty of young talent in all areas like Bouhanni for sprints and Pinot, Voeckler and Rolland to really compete at the TdF.

Lampre and Liquigas are both in decline and need to consolidate.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Saxo are fine for next your though with their signing  3

djb123 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Saxo are fine for next your though with their signing  3

Probably, but I agree with Roche on the points issue. Also, I dislike both Bjarne Riis and after the Contador debacle I find it hard to take their season seriously.

djb123 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I would get rid of Saxo-Tinkoff on this years standings so far and put in Europcar. I don't like the way Saxo-Tinkoff was allowed a world tour license this year and it seems that they will be the (statistically) worst world tour team this year unless Contador can do something brilliant in the final races of the season.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Been away for a week and just got back so trying to catch up with whats been happening so if i repeat something thats already been discussed - sorry !

But i would get rid of AG2R. They seem to be a team in decline and with Roche going they dont have anyone who can challenge.

You cant get rid of Lampre as when would you see "Winner Anacona" ever get mentioned again ???

What a lush name.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rid FDJ in favour of either Team UK Youth or Sohrabi Subaru.

Shame that SS didn't get a WT licence for next year.

Only fair though, the one man team worked last year, but Darwin Atapuma may launch staunch opposition to Mehdi's 250km solo breakaways.

(Hmm that doesn't really make sense)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You can't throw anyone off the pro tour as its now called the world tour  26

But why would you put Euskatel off?

We need reason's

I'd take in Colombia-Coldeportes because we need more teams from around the world and get rid of Lampre-ISD, They don't seem to have a team who can do anything. Although I'd miss their pink jersey's  4

Latest Comments