Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike importing from Canada/USA...?

Evening. I've found a bike I've been after since 1996 - only its in Toronto and I'm not. Any of you had any experience bringing a bike over? Using a courier I mean. Reccomendations are welcomed. One of the firms I looked at cost more than a return flight would cost me haha!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

localsurfer | 11 years ago
0 likes

You'll get stung a bomb for customs too. I bought a bike in the states and brought it back (granted this was in the '90s') and the import tax was something like 30% on a bicycle.

Depending on how honest you are if you pick it up in person of course...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't have any experience with a courier exactly for the reason you say. They will charge a fortune. If you wanted to get it. Its cheaper to go over yourself and bring it back.

I got a bike from America flown over with a friend in the RAF, unfortunately it was the wrong size and spec. So he was only over getting an OBE or something from the Queen, so he took it back. I looked into shipping its replacement. But was just not cost effective, so got my money back.

Latest Comments