Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin edge 800 downloading issue

Hello, I have searched for my answer but to no avail,

Im having an issue with my Garmin 800. I have courses on Garmin connect, when I download to the edge 800 internal memory I can see the courses ok, however when I choose to download to the Micro Sd card thats in the Edge 800 i cant see them from choosing from the Courses icon on the edge 800, I have checked i have a folder called 'courses' on the SD card. Can someone help please?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

AJWatson | 11 years ago
0 likes

.GPX files need to be placed into 'NewFiles' folder and then they will appear on the 'courses' section on the Garmin.

Dom Avery replied to AJWatson | 11 years ago
0 likes
AJWatson wrote:

.GPX files need to be placed into 'NewFiles' folder and then they will appear on the 'courses' section on the Garmin.

Ahh ! at last, many thanks, simple as that,  4
Cheers!

cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes

I never did get this to work on my 800 - copying to the SD card from within BaseCamp (course created in there too) just doesn't seem to work. Like you it works fine for me if I use internal storage..

Dom Avery replied to cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes
cortina wrote:

I never did get this to work on my 800 - copying to the SD card from within BaseCamp (course created in there too) just doesn't seem to work. Like you it works fine for me if I use internal storage..

Ummm. Software coding issue I guess, the unit should be programmed to look at all memory locations, Garmin should be able to fix this,

jimmo62 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have the same on my 705 if I download .gpx files to the courses folder - they need to be .tcx

From what I recall .gpx files need to be put in a different folder but I only ever use .tcx now

Ridewithgpx will allow you to map and download ni .tcx format

Not sure if 800 is same in this respect as the 705 bu tmay be worth a check

bazzargh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've seen something like this happen before with routes I was trying to import (I just drag files over - I don't use garmin's tools to do it). The issue with mine seemed to be something wrong with the format of the file, or too many points.

To work around it, I uploaded the routes to http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do and converted them to the same format, but with a reduced point count - it does track smoothing.

Latest Comments