Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

VUELTA Stage 2 Pamplona-Viana

2 intermediate sprints worth 6,4,2 seconds each plus an uphill sprint finish worth 12,8,4 seconds also means anyone within 24 seconds(46 riders) could be in the Leaders red jersey tonight.....without time splits!!

I've made no transfers today as my team consisted of 5 climbers and 4 sprinters with yesterday's TTT considered only in the event of a 50/50 decision,with the 4 quickies coming out tomorrow in favour of J-Rod, plus 3 climbers in good GC/KOM/Points positions.....unless of course any of them are high up on GC themselves.

Froome
Gilbert
Bennati
Swift
Talansky
Quintana
Bouhanni
Florencio
Machado

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree drh, today is not a day to chase a stage win - too early in the tour, too many guys could do well, difficult to predict. I've kept a transfer back for tomorrow so I can see what happens. So have 5 guys that could do well today/tomorrow, 2 sprinters keeping for Weds, and 2 guys I could drop after today if an obvious replacement arises.

I climbed 1393 places up the table yesterday! Although that says more about my stage 1 than my stage 2...

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had 2,3,4 yesterday, really disapointed in breschel, but other than that couldnt complain too much

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did really well yesterday as I had top 4, jumped a massive 1087 places up the table! Now trying to decide which mountain goats to bring in for today, my gut says Valverde and Van den Broeck may have a go but I've learned this year that the best tactic is just to play it safe, so I'm not even going to go after that stage win.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I banked on losing some points today. But I scored a massive 0  19

My purist team did slightly better with 2 points

Cant wait for the mountains now as thats what both my teams are based upon. Climbs and uphill finishes  4

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I foolishly made two xfers today so only two for tomorrow. Gone for two stars, a cheap AR and a GC contender...not cobo tho. Both fro. Southern europe but different countries....hmmm

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1-4 plus Quintana in GC and the top four in the points comp, much better than yesterday. Now to decide how to use my four transfers.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

1,3,6,12,16,19 so a lot better then yesterday...
Hoping for Rabobank to have a good couple of days now...

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Disappointed. 4, 9, 11. Terpstra in GC. Maybe things will improve.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Most of the popular sprinters were up there. I imagine some people will have 1-2-3-4.

0 likes

Well I had swifty and davies, but dropped viviani for boom....so may regret it....unless boom does well uphill tomorrow.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got feck all on both my teams. But my 3rd team which I have saved and scoring myself for fun has 5 riders in the top 11  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Degenkolb
Davis
Swift
Viviani
Lodewyck
Reynes
Cimolai
Meersman
Cardoso
Bennati
Perez
Fernandez
Steegmans
Van Winden
JJ Lobato Del Calle
Bouhanni
Ligthart
Mondory
Stybar
Bagot

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 1,2,3 on stage  16

0 likes

I brought in boom and castroviejo....he,s bound to be still top 5 at end of day, but I can only bring in two climbers tomorrow...probably a katusha and sky combo of stars....
I aim to pack my squad with four columbians soon...none in there yet though.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

First intermediate sprint
1. Mikhail IGNATYEV (104)
2. Javier CHACON (024)
3. Javier Francisco ARAMENDIA LORENTE (051)

First climb
1. Javier CHACON (024)
2. Javier Francisco ARAMENDIA LORENTE (051)
3. Mikhail IGNATYEV (104)

Thats your break and it has 3.45 at the moment

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My only change was taking Boom in for Gasparotto as he's out with a smashed collar bone

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Swift
Rojas
Breschel
Bennati

Talansky
Cataldo
Steegmans
Quintana
Bouhanni

Had a good day yesterday, kept the same team. 4 changes for tomorrow!

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I made a couple of changes after Tony Martin forgot his left from his right and Stef Clement fell off the face of the earth

Valverde(for Martin)
Swift
Boom
Kessiakoff
Quintana(for Clement)
Porte
Talansky
Tiralongo
Terpstra he's in the break  4 and perhaps going for the GC lead

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I reckon Boom has a good chance today.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

mine is the same

Davis
Viviani
Swift
Breschel (my tip for today!)

Bouhanni
Florencio
Machado
Terpstra
Talansky

Anyone think terpstra or boom might try and go for the lead?

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Mine hasn't changed and I have 5 sprinters with a few breakaway guys

Latest Comments