Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

London100 Sportive

Just signed up for the London 100 road event, well I'm in the ballot for 75k places. I've foolishly said I can do it in 5 hours someteen. Won't be right at the front but hopefully not too much overtaking. I can do the speed but only for two hours, need to get some miles in over this winter.

It looks like the Olympic course using the same organisation, Stratford to The Mall, but hopefully minus 8 loops or so of Box Hill.

The closed roads is what I like. A whole year to get ready but I'm raring to go right now.
Anyone else?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

A quick google says that there are 8,500 places on the Etape, so surely 20,000 is still too many? £48 is a bit steep too, even if it is for charity. Do we really need a London Marathon for cycling?

Pro race should be good though, as long as the amateurs have finished by then.

Organon | 11 years ago
0 likes

What! they are going to deliberately disappoint 55,000 people. Surely the first 20,000 are keen enough, but most of us will miss out anyway. Rubbish idea. I will have to target RidewithBrad2.

hairybiker | 11 years ago
0 likes

There aren't 75,000 places - there are 20,000. Once the applications hit 75,000 the organisers will close entries. Not too sure what the criteria are for deciding who gets a place and who doesn't though!
My wife and I have entered, don't find out until February though if you've got in.

Organon | 11 years ago
0 likes

£48.50, I think they are trying to scoop as much money for charity as possible like the london marathon, but yeah it sounds like a lot of people.

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

How much does it cost? Closed roads sounds great, but 75,000 places sounds like a lot. Won't it be a traffic jam?

Latest Comments