Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta chat (possible spoilers)

It worked having a thread during the TDF so why not for Spain.

As I am playing catch up, is Andy Schleck racing?

The Froome v Contador battle looks exciting.

Any other contenders do you think?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow! Bertie did a job today then!

daddyELVIS replied to Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Proper bike racing - that's why he's the best Grand Tour rider.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

hilarious - get the distinct feeling that the title bit became a team catchphrase - doing it on the podium is inspired!

0 likes

Enjoyed that - good laugh for us but reckon they had just a good laugh making it.

lushmiester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Orica Green Edge do Call me maybe video (a la USA swimming team) wondered what all the hand singling had meant this Veulta now it makes sense. It's a good giggle and a break from all that oh so earnest stuff, included a link if you haven't seen it it is worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvX_vKDYEw

0 likes

Just more great racing. Shame about Froome but watching the agony of the climbing of the 4 top contenders has been borderline inspirational.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, I don't like Contador but I have to admit, his attacking style was sorely missed at this year's tour.

Having four attacking riders in Contador, Rodriguez (who is always great to watch), Valverde and Froome definitely spices things up and I'm looking forward to the next two weeks although I'm worried that the three Spaniards will gang up on Froome if he takes the red jersey on Wednesday.

0 likes

It's been great racing so far.

0 likes

So what do you feel about Sky's tactics the other day then?

chrisdstripes replied to Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

So what do you feel about Sky's tactics the other day then?

I thought it was funny.  4
And all that rubbish about how Valverde was the race leader annoyed me - if Movistar had wanted to keep the jersey they wouldn't have let the gap go to 13 mins. As it turns out, had he not crashed he'd have been thanking Sky and Saxo etc for closing the gap so he could keep the jersey!
But I guess no-one knows more than Valverde about doing the honourable thing and being fair to your fellow professionals...  39
(Actually I know very little about the circumstances surrounding his ban, so that might be unfair, but hey - its probably not.)

0 likes

Yep. Good call.

How about the faces on the rabo riders when movistar rolled in!

0 likes

Oh very good gkam!  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm not a fan of his. But he can't hate going downhill that much, He's been constantly doing it since he left Saxo.....

0 likes

This is the guy who hates going downhill. He bottled it for sure!  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hardly bottling it. He had a broken pelvis, his Sacrum to be picky, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrum

I wouldn't be rushing back either, his problems with his knee have also returned. That and his brother can't race with him  19

So 3 weeks might be a bit much, his last turn out for RSNT in America instead  3

0 likes

Andy bottling (imho) the contador battle is disappointing. After a TDF that wasn't exactly attack filled I hoped this race would be a firework fest!

Another reason for me to maintain my negative view of the Schleck boys.

0 likes

If you already know the spoilers, can you give me next weeks lottery numbers as well?!  4

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Schleck isn't racing and neither is Sanchez, so I think Rodriquez is the main threat to Contador and Froome especially with some steep finishes with bonus seconds for the first 3 over the line and few time trial kms.
I expect Gesink and Van den Broeck to challenge as well.
I'm hoping that Talansky and Quintana will have good races as they look like good prospects, although Quintana might have to play a team role for Valverde and Cobo.

Latest Comments