Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campag Record Skeleton brakes or SRAM Red?

I'm in a fortunate but indecisive predicament: I've just got a new Campagnolo Record groupset for the new road bike I'm building up. It comes with the rather natty Skeleton brakes, which will of course match the rest of the groupset and the Campag levers.

I've been offered a pair of SRAM Red brakes for a very good price by a clubmate, and I'd always heard they were excellent brakes.

Does anyone have any comparative experience of the two brakes, and possibly of mixing and matching Campag levers with SRAM Red brakes? I'd be interested to hear your views...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

campag calipers and the rest of my bike is ultegra. and im not even sorry.

campag brakes are really nice to use.

sram reds are stunning as well though, campag win on value and looks

dreamlx10 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sram brakes with a Record groupset, I'll go and lie down for a while to get over the shock. Mix and match Shimano and Sram all you like but leave Campagnolo alone please !!

Pierre | 11 years ago
0 likes

Excellent - four replies pretty much sum up my thoughts on it so far!  1

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

sram work better, campag look better.

soooo campag it is

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Surely the obvious course of action is to get the SRAM and use them as the starting point for a whole new bike...

For me, if you have a perfectly good set of brakes then stick with them because otherwise they'll only sit on a shelf somewhere unused.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go for the SRAM brakes by far, much better than Campag can produce imo...

Karbon Kev | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go for the Campag brakes by far, much better than Sram can produce imo ....

Latest Comments