Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BBC Track TV coverage - Rubbish!

Was anyone else shouting at the TV tonight when the BBC choose to nearly always follow the rider/team starting on the top side of the track for the first lap?

This meant that in the Team sprints we almost never saw the British rider leading out the first lap. With Hinde giving such great rides on our way to Team sprint gold we had to put up with hearing Chris and Hugh shout about it whilst watching the country we were about to thrash stumble around the first laps.

The clue should be in their name - I just wish the British Broadcasting Corporation would put a little more thought into which Country the British public want to see in races like this.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, OBS to blame. You'd think they might give the host country a bit better coverage of its competitors though.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Olympic Broadcast Service are the one's to blame I think??

"OBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the International Olympic Committee and hosts the broadcasting operation for several major sporting events."

The idiots who messed up with the Road Race aswell??

http://road.cc/content/news/62578-bbc-hit-out-lack-timing-info-mens-road...

Someone might know better.

mattbibbings | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, the penny drops - LOCOG contract - I get it now. Sorry BBC I take it back.

Still got my goat though. I missed seeing Hinde and Varnish help set new World Records.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing to do with the BBC, they just get given the feed, It is not them doing the filming.

I'm pretty sure the Olympics have their own camera's and every just gets the same feed.

But yes it was slightly annoying

Latest Comments