Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone bought anything cool recently

I've started visiting wiggle, CRC and ribble far too often the past few weeks. I know from experience this is a clear sign I'm going to buy something I don't need. I've accepted this as an inevitability if history has taught me anything it is that I buy a load of sh*t I don't need from online bike shops.

Anyway getting to the point has anyone bought or seen anything particularly cool lately

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

Jack Osbourne snr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Two more TØRM jerseys... My most favouritest pieces of cycling gear. (and I don't care what anyone else thinks)

The blue "french" one
http://torm.cc/image/cache/t11%20side%20side%20small-0978FF45-966B-4A7E-...

and the VERY green "italian" one

http://torm.cc/image/cache/T8%20green-8F9363B8-2F65-443E-8714-8859F14E5D...

Oh... and another two pairs of overshoes

allez rikki | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ive been very, very bad the last week and a half. Luckily i dont have a misses to moan at me, which is good and also bad, it just means i can buy what i want when i want. Ive been a daily visitor on wiggle this week and ive racked up a purchase total of about £900 on cycle gear!!

Fulcrum racing 5 wheels
Conti gp 4000 tyres
Look keo max 2 carbon pedals
Omega pharma jerseys, short sleeve and long
Matching bib shorts
Box of energy gels
Tool kit
Maintenance book
New spd shoes
Multi tool
Dhb Pak a jak
Overshoes
Socks
Giro aeon helmet
Compression vests x2
Small saddle bag
X2 carbon bottle holders

And more!

Ive seriously got to stop, although i keep telling myself 'Id like that and it does look cool'

Is there a weekly meeting/class for this type of problem??

russyparkin replied to Jack Osbourne snr | 11 years ago
0 likes
Jack Osbourne snr wrote:

Two more TØRM jerseys... My most favouritest pieces of cycling gear. (and I don't care what anyone else thinks)

The blue "french" one
http://torm.cc/image/cache/t11%20side%20side%20small-0978FF45-966B-4A7E-...

and the VERY green "italian" one

http://torm.cc/image/cache/T8%20green-8F9363B8-2F65-443E-8714-8859F14E5D...

Oh... and another two pairs of overshoes

nothing wrong with torm, i love their stuff. and no they are not ripping rapha off, i have rapha as well. torm is great quality  1

robert_obrien | 11 years ago
0 likes

Altura seat pack. They do a few sizes but the thing I like is that when you're not using it there's f'all on the seatpost. Mine's an 'Arran' which has a little carrying handle so you can sashay around town like a twat when you take it off.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you're sashaying anywhere I'd be worried.

tonystark | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have bought a pair of carbon wheelset with basalt braking surface from BladeX(http://www.aliexpress.com/store/607818),really happy with it.

cyclinmad | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was given a new Indic8or - you wear it on your wrist and it flashes when you raise your arm to indicate. I think it is a brilliant safety gadget and I am getting one for my wife and kids. You can buy them on line but my mate got it at the cycle show at the NEC. www.indic8or.com. Never thought I would wear something like this but its pretty cool!

James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes

102 Not bought a sausage

joemmo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dedacciai Nerissimo frame and fork half price? Relatively cool I thought.

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I just bought a new freezer.

That's really cool.

Does that count ?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

A Android mini HDMI pc
New under the counter fridge and freezer
A packet of cigarettes, first one in two months
Some new false teeth

The only thing bike wise recently has been these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330653583105

Joselito | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought some warm stuff...
Courtesy of the Prendas lads;
De Feet Gloves and a Raleigh old school Belgian style winter hat.

Mostyn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wheels, Jersey's, Gillet, Bib Shorts - bib Longs, some energy stuff, new chain, couple of small tools, all within the last month.

nostromo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bought a Rapha Softshell jacket just to see what it was like. Fully intended to send it back because I thought the Mrs would freak at the idea of a £240 cycling jacket. But she said: "looks really nice - that's yer Christmas and next birthday prezzie sorted." So I've kept it because it really is a great piece of kit.

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Saw a sweet NOS carbon LeMond frameset in my size on eBay. Bikes don't often come up in my size and I just really fell in love with it so I had to buy it and build it up. About $1900 later I have a second road bike that I really don't need. I can't bear to part with it, nor the one it has "replaced" so I'm just stuck with two bikes now.  22

flubber | 11 years ago
0 likes

Now that you mention it, I have indeed. I used to have a Raleigh (didn't know what model it was...I'm not much of a pro when it comes to bike so I don't really bother with trying to pretend I know what I'm talking about) but had to sell it due to insufficient funds but then I got my funds back on track and purchased this three-speeded BEAUTY from a neat little UK company. This place was the boss for Dutch bicycles. They've got both men and women's, not LOADS of choice but what they do do is top notch. If you're after a new road bike, I highly suggest you check it out. I ride for 40 minutes every day to work, since a year and a half ago and it's still going strong.

TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Swrve WWR 3/4 shorts. So far I prefer them to my old rapha fixed shorts and about half the price.

stuke | 11 years ago
0 likes

this- http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRSRSR/sarto_rovigo_steel_road_frame...
and a pair of Pro-Lite Bracciano in silver to go on it.
It's my new project which will have a full Campag groupset and Ritchey Classic bar/stem/post combo when its finished.

Joselito replied to nostromo | 11 years ago
0 likes
nostromo wrote:

Bought a Rapha Softshell jacket just to see what it was like. Fully intended to send it back because I thought the Mrs would freak at the idea of a £240 cycling jacket. But she said: "looks really nice - that's yer Christmas and next birthday prezzie sorted." So I've kept it because it really is a great piece of kit.

Which reminds me, I bought a Rapha Bomber Jacket in the MCR sample sale but only started using in the last month.
Got a thorough soaking one night and it kept me dry and hasbeen nice and warm when it's dropped temps recently.
Dunno if I would have paid full whack for it though.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought one of the rain jackets in the Manchester Rapha sample sale - I've only had to use it twice, because it's a bit bulkier than a pak-a-jak so I only take it if it's properly persisting down. Brilliant though, my numb hands/feet get jealous.

Saint Mikie 41 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just stocked up on some winter kit , two Endura Baabaa merino base layers and a Rapha Winter collar in orange.

Pages

Latest Comments