Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone bought anything cool recently

I've started visiting wiggle, CRC and ribble far too often the past few weeks. I know from experience this is a clear sign I'm going to buy something I don't need. I've accepted this as an inevitability if history has taught me anything it is that I buy a load of sh*t I don't need from online bike shops.

Anyway getting to the point has anyone bought or seen anything particularly cool lately

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

issacforce | 11 years ago
0 likes

a isaac meson di2 beatifull bike

duzza | 11 years ago
0 likes

carbon fibre chain catcher, so much lighter than the aluminium one i already own!

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing - my wife took me bank cards off me cos i would have gone mad buying Wiggo t shirts and other stuff that i would have put straight into a drawer.  20  20

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Titanium QR skewers
Castelli Arm Warmers (still blooming cold in the mornings)
Chamois Cream - ahhhh, mmmmh, nice  1 oops wrong forum there  4

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dura Ace pedals ..... smoooooooooooooth  4

Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes

1) Bought a new fridge freezer last week, does that count?  1

2) Bikewise, new CO2 cartridge system arrive yesterday. One "accidentally" went off and that was cold.

3) Chamois cream with cooling affect.

I'll get my coat.

georgeplu | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just bought a Stuff Pack from Hyperlite Mountain Gear.

http://www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/packs/hmg-stuff-pack.html

It'll easily hold a suit, shirt, tie, shoes, underwear and a towel with room for more if you're commuting. This bag is incredibly light and waterproof; really waterproof not just rain resistant. You can fold it up, put it in your trouser or jersey pocket and cycle back home laden with groceries. At 91grams, two straps included, this bag is pure minimalism whilst functional.

_Karlos_ | 11 years ago
0 likes

Great, after seeing that link I've now ordered a Wiggo T-shirt.

FFS>>  20  16  26

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

bought a baby blue fizik seatpost dust stopper. £5 for a tiny piece of silicone but its the first thing people notice on my bike now  1

_Karlos_ | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought myself a new saddle after getting my arse measured on Saturday, and it fits lovely, which is cool.

Also, when I was watching the Olympic road race on Saturday, I like the Belgian team jersey so much that I ordered one, should be here tomorrow!

Iration Wheelers | 11 years ago
0 likes

DMR 1/8" sprocket and spacer (16 t) half link KMC chain thus £33 closer to finding the magic gear for my SS MTB conversion. Close but no chain tension yet...

andyfla | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cube litening - bloody marvellous pimped out in red, white and blue

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I want some anodised skewers and chainring bolts.

Aero bibshorts are the latest addition to my wardrobe.

lazyusername | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bit of bling in the post - Anodised red CNC'd valve caps. Thats scratched an itch, for a while any way

PJ McNally | 11 years ago
0 likes

Caisse D'epargne team kit from 2005 - vintage.

(You can find cool stuff by thinking of a pro team you dimly remember, one that went bust years ago or that Bjarne Riis swallowed up, then searching ebay for them).

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well of course ANYTHING I wear automatically becomes cool  24

yourpaceormine | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bought some replacement bits - Middleburn chain ring, chain ring bolts and self extracting crank bolts, new Ultegra front mech, USE ti spinstix.

But frivolous purchases? Not yet. But I have seen anodised presta valve caps, and the 'how-have-I-managed-without-it-all-these-years' Tacx brake adjusting tool... A gold anodised breakaway mech bolts would be nice

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi All,
I too am licking my financial wounds after the last few weeks on line buying.
However, the best tenner I have ever spent was on the following - what a cracking tool.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160836556233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=...

This is so tiny and only 1.5oz I made a small velcro strap affair which secured it up INSIDE my Toupe saddle - cant even see it but its a cracking tool for get me home repairs/adjustments. I doubt the hamfisted among us will snap anything with it either.  4
Regards

Trikeman.  3

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Loving the Romster stuff, I need one!

Bought a workstand from Lidl for £30 that is ace. Used it the other night to wash the bike and adjust the rear mech. Felt very pro!  4

Vic Brown | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you want cool, check out the limited edition T Shirts for cyclists from Romster Bike Wear http://www.romsterbikewear.com/

I've just received and will be wearing my Wiggo T with pride during the Olympic TT this afternoon.

Great quality and friendly service - I can't recommend enough. I've no connection with Romster, other than being a happy customer.

Vic

ALIHISGREAT | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought a park tools chain tool and some kmc quick links yesterday.

Deep cleaned my chain and fitted the quick link -> a worthwhile way to spend some money!

Pages

Latest Comments