Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Olympic TT

So who you got?

Seems like an easy-to-tier event, which means I'll be completely wrong, but if I'm making tiers for the race it looks something like this:

Tier 1: Wiggins
Tier 2: Martin, Cancellara (depends on how close he is to 100%), Froome
Tier 3: Chavanel, Pinotti, Sanchez
Tier 4: Fuglsang, van Garderen (is he in the race?), Phinney, Larsson, Westra, Grabsch, Kwiatkowski (is he in the race?)

Everybody else. OK, I probably missed a couple guys... looked at this in a hurry. So who'd I miss? Or who do I have completely wrong.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

101 comments

Gkam84 replied to d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes
d_jp wrote:

1,3,4,6,8,9,19 but made a mistake... my the other two riders were in last night when I updated my team but they didn't ride.

Shame to see Cancellara in what looked like a lot of pain at the end... hope he recovers fully soon.

Who were your other two as the list of riders hasn't changed in quite a few days since Evans dropped out.

The roster on here might have changed, but if you looked around you would have seen who was rider  3

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I only had 4 scorers, wiggins, froome, phinney and grabsch

Bad luck. Did you have Sanchez as well! Bad luck for him, although I don't think he would have got a medal.

My team choice was very good apart from not having Martin, but Froome still scored well. Had 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 19. LLSanchez and Bodnar didn't score. 158 I think. With Sanchez maybe 5th/6th, would have had a shot at winning the stage I reckon.

Had chavanel and sanchez as my two stars, if only i had gone with either rogers or pinotti, i flirted with all combo's except pinotti with rogers, so at best i lost out 5th place, but would have potentially had other scoring DS's had i gone a different route. my not wanting two spanish riders cost me as thats why i went with bazayev and chavanel over pinotti and Castravejo

Anyway roll on the next race and hopefully I can do better. Just seem to have got worse as the season has gone on.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Unlucky TER, yes I remember you having some tough breaks in the TdF as well. Glad you mentioned about roll on next race - I'd completely forgotten about the Eneco Tour - best get looking at the startlist!

PS - Today was OK for me - 1,3,4,5,9,19. Rogers instead of Chavanel would've been the way to go.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

anyone know when the scores are going up?

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Gkam for pointing out for those who had missed it just how stupid my mistake was  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

When Dave lets go of the pint or bar  3

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dave's probably watching the Olympics like everyone else.

Reckon I'll hold my position in the overall which is my only concern until the Vuelta. Eneco tour looks like a bunch of sprint finishes. Not very interesting. Roll on the Spanish mountains, although I'm away for a week in a Normandy Gite with no Internet in the middle of that so not sure how I'm going to handle it.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry guys, was in Cardiff watching team gb take down Suarez and co. Scores soon  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

3 teams at the top with 191, seems the team to pick was without Froome  13 as all the 191 scorers had this team below, I only scored 133

Bradley Wiggins
Tony Martin
Marco Pinotti
Michael Rogers
Taylor Phinney
Bert Grabsch
Jack Bauer
Jonathan Castroviejo
Lieuwe Westra

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think you could sub froome in for Martin and still score same, but seems about right as apart from 1,2,3 the expensive stars didnt score well

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awwww yeah, 5th in the last stage, 8th in the Olympics.

Pages

Latest Comments