The impact of Barry Wigley

by stumps   July 25, 2012  

I was sitting at work this morning in the custody suite when one of the day shift sgts arrived for work.

He appeared to be quite flustered and later than his normal time. When asked if he was all right he replied "i'm late cos i have been delayed by all these lardy cyclists in lycra on the roads following that bloke Barry Wigley" Rolling On The Floor

I have to add he is near his retirement age, slightly overweight and the thought of getting on a bike is like having vinegar poured into his eyes Wink

How do you think Bradleys win will effect the future of cycling for the likes of joe public Thinking

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

It is so good to know that the ability to accurately recall information like someone's name is a skill your colleague has developed of years' of service.

Some papers claim it has boosted bike sales, but I think the best image is of Wiggins Jnr riding alongside his dad on a decent quality kids' road bike.

47 years of breaking bikes and still they offer me a 10 year frame warranty!

A V Lowe's picture

posted by A V Lowe [495 posts]
25th July 2012 - 20:12

1 Like

Please don't tell me you are talking about Stanley Wiggins??

I don't think there will be a huge rise in anything other than idiots getting in the way wearing sky lycra Wink

545302_10151296206767576_1243655723_n.jpg
Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8957 posts]
25th July 2012 - 20:16

1 Like

My wife called him Radley Biggins! Possibly a younger brother to Christopher, perish the thought. Smile

posted by Frazzler [4 posts]
25th July 2012 - 20:49

3 Likes

The late news the other night tried to tell us how wiggins had gone back to wigan, but the newsreader got confused and called him wigans!

I did get "go Bradley" shouted at me this evening.

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3355 posts]
25th July 2012 - 21:07

7 Likes

I've noticed a lot more people out on their bikes this week. Which seems to have led to a noticeable increase in aggresive driving/lack of patience from the motoring public at the same time.

Could just be coincidence of course...

posted by Owen Street [1 posts]
26th July 2012 - 11:53

5 Likes