Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The impact of Barry Wigley

I was sitting at work this morning in the custody suite when one of the day shift sgts arrived for work.

He appeared to be quite flustered and later than his normal time. When asked if he was all right he replied "i'm late cos i have been delayed by all these lardy cyclists in lycra on the roads following that bloke Barry Wigley"  24

I have to add he is near his retirement age, slightly overweight and the thought of getting on a bike is like having vinegar poured into his eyes  3

How do you think Bradleys win will effect the future of cycling for the likes of joe public  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Owen Street | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've noticed a lot more people out on their bikes this week. Which seems to have led to a noticeable increase in aggresive driving/lack of patience from the motoring public at the same time.

Could just be coincidence of course...

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

The late news the other night tried to tell us how wiggins had gone back to wigan, but the newsreader got confused and called him wigans!

I did get "go Bradley" shouted at me this evening.

Frazzler | 11 years ago
0 likes

My wife called him Radley Biggins! Possibly a younger brother to Christopher, perish the thought.  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Please don't tell me you are talking about Stanley Wiggins??

I don't think there will be a huge rise in anything other than idiots getting in the way wearing sky lycra  3

A V Lowe | 11 years ago
0 likes

It is so good to know that the ability to accurately recall information like someone's name is a skill your colleague has developed of years' of service.

Some papers claim it has boosted bike sales, but I think the best image is of Wiggins Jnr riding alongside his dad on a decent quality kids' road bike.

Latest Comments