Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gran Fondo riders test positive for EPO

http://m.bikeradar.com/news/article/two-amateurs-test-positive-for-epo-a...

Two amateur cyclists tested positive for EPO at the May 20 Gran Fondo New York, the event organizers announced Monday. David Anthony of New York City admitted to taking EPO, while the second rider is awaiting the result of his B sample.

Some big prizes at stake, but FFS...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

MattT53 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Haha what a loser, it's a sportive! Why would a 'team' be riding a sportive anyway, if you reckon you're that good enter something that's actually a race, no 'glory' in beating a load of mamils round a non-competitive ride!

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know - my first thought was "What?!", followed by "Why would you have dope control at a Sportive anyway?" As for the $8k bike, the rider is apparently 'good' enough to be on a team, so kit is likely provided for him.

So, would this make me faster on the club run then?!  30

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Andy Shen says,"And we’re going to try to get him to talk and say as much as possible". Sorry but the first image that has popped into my head is the Gestapo with their 'toolbox' of implements to loosen tongues... But seriously this is a lot depressing. People wanting to f**k their bodies up for an $8,000 bike and the 'glory' of beating others? I get a lot of pleasure from thinking back on my past (but very minor) glory, earned through pain, hard work and training in all weathers; how does it feel knowing that that past 'glory' was chemicaly enhanced and cheating???

Latest Comments