Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

ITV1 or Eurosport to watch the Tour this weekend

Which will it be this weekend ITV1 or Eurosport? I'm torn when I'm at work I watch Eurosport when I'm at home I usually watch ITV because we don't have Eurosport (although the ITV4 signal isn't great). I prefer Eurosport - David Harmon and Sean Kelly are a great team but flicking on ITV1 is so easy compared to watching on a laptop. Which one are you going to go for?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Watching ITV HD pictures on Freeview HD now and they look superb. Listening to Harmon and Kelly on the computer, not too far out of sync.

mattbibbings | 11 years ago
0 likes

Itv 1 is currently 30sec ahead of Eurosport. That will be one that will influence the Twitteratti.

Whose the third wheel to Harmon and Kelly today on Eurosport?

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, but Eurosport HD costs a fortune. If you have Freeview HD and they are showing the cycling on ITV1 HD, as they are this weekend, it's free.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

IMO Its Eurosport until either:

Adverts
Sean

I hate his voice and what he says.

I like Liggets voice though.

And to the above of ITV's HD pictures, just get Eurosport HD.

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

ITV with the sound turned down for the HD pictures and Eurosport on the computer for the excellent commentary (excepting that buffoon Carlton Kirby).

Can't stand Liggett and Sherwens' drivel.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The ITV guys get worse every year, the number of time they've gotten stuff wrong this year is mad, at one point last week Liggett got excited because he though Nibali had made up 2 and a half minutes only to remember shortly after that Nibali had only just attacked, was 15 seconds up the road and the time gap to Rolland was what was showing up as 2 and half minutes...

Re 'seeing more action' surely ITV and Eurosport have exactly the same feed and exactly the same TV images? The only difference would be commentary, 'in studio' pieces and possible regularity of ad-breaks.

I'm also getting annoyed by how often Liggett/Sherwen repeat themselves ("EBH, also known as Bo-dog", "Horner is old", "Sagan/Pinot is young" etc etc) but to give them credit, there's been some boring stages and how much is there really to talk about over the course of 6 hours? There's only so many interesting French landmarks they can point out.

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Watch ITV and play PhilandPaul Bingo/Drinking Game

How many times they mention how old Peter Sagan/Chris Horner/George Hincape is
How many times they spout plausible bullshit (Tourmalet/Dordogne)
How many times they say a rider has become 'unhitched'

Watch Eurosport and listen the genius of Sean Kelly

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't have eurosport, so ITV it is. Liggett and Sherwen are legends, but it would be nice to be able to choice between dialogue streams - beginner or advanced!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Eurosport everytime. The only cycling I watch away from Eurosport is if they are not covering it or if its track cycling, then I watch it on the BBC. ITV are SH*T at covering cycling

ianj | 11 years ago
0 likes

Easy-dont understand about bike racing and want to know why teams/riders do this and that then its ITV. Want more action, less stupid waffle and less adverts then its Eurosport with the two ronnies that is Harmon and Kelly....

Latest Comments