Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

compact road bars

Hi, I'm after a compact road bar with a 25.4mm clamp. Hope this is the right forum group? I live in the midlands, any idea where I can get one from? They all seem to be oversize 31.8mm - or far too expensive (I'm tight, I know). I also know that as soon as I buy one there will be thousands appear on Ebay.....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

aljohn | 11 years ago
0 likes

I didn't mean smaller, just a drop of 4" or so, instead of the 6" drop of my current bars. I should explain, I bought a new Ribble Audax frame, carbon fork and other odds and ends a couple of years ago. Then I fitted most of the components from a B'Twin Decathlon. I'm happy with the Decathlon bars - except the large drop, I rarely use the drops consequently....so It's time for a change - also would look better aesthetically  3

VecchioJo | 11 years ago
0 likes

25.4 is a mountainbike bar size so you might find it difficult to rind a road bar (25.8/26.0) to fit exactly (although some bodging can be done)

On-One do the Midge bar with a 25.4 clamp, shallow drop and flared

edit - it's also an old quill stem clamp size as well innit, Nitto do some drop bars with a 25.4 clamp

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why do you need smaller bars, can't you just get a bigger stem?

Latest Comments