Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 15 TdF

So who are your men for today?

I can't see a break being let away today as it looks like a bunch sprint day 2 Cat 4's and a Cat 3 pretty far out from the finish.

Still 10 minutes before it even kicks off. Eurosport showing it live from the start  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

45 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Break at 8'20" with only 40km to go! What are Lotto playing at? Are they just not bothering to even try and bring it back today?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah they've just let them go, nobody else interested in taking it up, so the break can go.

So much for Cav, Goss, Griepel and Sagan having a heads up sprint  39

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm really surprised at this - they get a day off tomorrow! Lazy bastards. Slightly more annoyed about dropping Dumoulin now...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, very annoying, wish I hadn't bothered to bring in Griepel/Sagan now although I suspect Sagan at least will sprint for minor placings.

Very odd with a rest day tomorrow, I assume that Lotto were looking at Liquigas and Greenedge to chase it down and vice versa and by the time they got organised it was too late. Will be interesting to see the highlights.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

The first 50-60km of this stage were really fast with loads of attacking. The sprinters teams are just too tired to chase down the break.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

10 bloody minutes what the f@#k this is rubbish racing!!!!  14

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Reminds me of the tour a few years ago when Armstrong used to just let breaks go and could control the peloton. It's only really in the HTC years that we've gotten so used to teams chasing down breaks in order to have a sprint finish.

I wonder if this is what we'll get more of when they scrap race radios?

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I was going to take Chavanel out this morning but bought Boeckmans in for Iglinsky and Cavendish in for Gilbert and have only just discovered that Chavanel's abandoned  14

Cavendish
Chavanel-abandoned
Sagan
LuLuSanchez
Edet
Cantwell
Boeckmans
Pinot
Vichot-was in an early break that got pulled back  20

This could be an all time low score for me  7

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins - 10
Griepel - 4 + finish line
Sagan - 14 + finish line
Van Hummel - 0
Jeandesboz - 0
Vichot - 0
Simon - 0
Pinot - 0
Izagirre - 0

-20 penalty points.

Best case scenario is probably a Fedrigo win and a score of around 30 points  16

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam,

Next time you choose a Purist team, could you let me know who you pick?

Your abandon rate seems well above average....  3  4

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think the overall abandon rate has been high(carnage in week 1 plus upcoming Olympics.....never mind the tackattacks)but yeah.....Gkam can certainly pick 'em

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Wiggins - 10
Griepel - 4 + finish line
Sagan - 14 + finish line
Van Hummel - 0
Jeandesboz - 0
Vichot - 0
Simon - 0
Pinot - 0
Izagirre - 0

-20 penalty points.

Best case scenario is probably a Fedrigo win and a score of around 30 points  16

your team is almost the same as mine! except i have boeckmans and impey instead of simon and jeandesboz

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

64 for me  39

Pyrenees and some proper racing next!  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Finally, Kern not in last, he came in 3rd last  19

Vanotti your last man home today, 162 home yesterday, only 156 today

Gkam84 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

Gkam,

Next time you choose a Purist team, could you let me know who you pick?

Your abandon rate seems well above average....  3  4

No really, 3 riders out of 9 from the start, 36 riders so far out of the tour.....could have been worse and I'm still keeping up there as the top premium purist  3  3

Pages

Latest Comments