Home

So who are your men for today?

I can't see a break being let away today as it looks like a bunch sprint day 2 Cat 4's and a Cat 3 pretty far out from the finish.

Still 10 minutes before it even kicks off. Eurosport showing it live from the start  4

45 comments

Wig_Billy [577 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

After many failures, I've put a lot more effort into todays team;

Sagan - should get some good finish line/int. sprint/green jersey points.
Greipel - same as above + it's his birthday.  36
Cavendish - was going to keep Goss, but he's stopped contesting int. sprints and I think Cav will get more points at the finish.
Dumoulin - was planning to bring in Van Hummel, but he had abdominal pains yesterday.
Arashiro - could finish top 20 today
Simon - same as above
Huguet - said something about being in the break today
Cantwell - same as above
Ladagnous - same as above

Now watch it all fall apart.  16

Gkam84 [9068 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

My stage hunting team. Hoping Roy finally pulls his finger out and gets in a break  19

Andre Greipel (LOT)
Matthew Goss (GRE)
Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Jeremy Roy (FDJ)
Joan Horrach (KAT)
Julien Simon (SAU)
Pablo Urtasun (EUS)
Jorge Azanza (EUS)
Giovanni Bernaudeau (EUC)

silas chime [189 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Dumoulin(for Voeckler)
Greipel(for RuiCosta)
Sagan
Gerrans
Albasini
Izagirre
Vichot
Pinot
Edet

0 likes

FAIL for my stage hunting, Izaguirre off again for my purist.

Then it comes back  19

ray silvester [1836 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I was going to take Chavanel out this morning but bought Boeckmans in for Iglinsky and Cavendish in for Gilbert and have only just discovered that Chavanel's abandoned  14

Cavendish
Chavanel-abandoned
Sagan
LuLuSanchez
Edet
Cantwell
Boeckmans
Pinot
Vichot-was in an early break that got pulled back  20

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Current leaders with 13" on the peloton

Millar
Grivko
Arashiro
Grabsch
Rui Costa(!?)

Odd mix but seems more likely than Frank Schleck on the attack on a flat stage...

0 likes

Rui Costa.......  14 I just took him out of my stage team, but Grivko is in my purist team  4

Dropped riders
BERNAUDEAU Giovanni
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
TANKINK Bram
VAN HUMMEL Kenny

Bernaudeau better get my last place today......see if Kern drops back and comes in last again, I want an ASO investigation  19

0 likes
silas chime wrote:

Dumoulin(for Voeckler)
Greipel(for RuiCosta)
Sagan
Gerrans
Albasini
Izagirre
Vichot
Pinot
Edet

Might have known Rui Costa would be in the break  31 Still confident that Greipel will outpoint him today though!!

3 decent TT'ers in this break though with Grabsch,Millar and Grivko

0 likes

Yeah, very good break for a flat stage, they should have enough nous to draw this out right to the line too unless OPQ shut it down early.

...actually, with Grabsch in there I assume he won't be doing much work so I don't give this break much hope.

Annoyed with Van Hummel, but I've now officially given up on a decent placing, I was doing well and making up ground until yesterday when I threw it all away  14

Time to plan for the Vuelta...  39

0 likes

Why would OPQ shut it down? Lotto Belisol perhaps?

0 likes

Bah!

I couldn't remember which team Gripel was riding for, had a blank moment, and plumped for Omega-Pharma Quickstep (Wiki still says he's a member of OPL) rather than Lotto  2

Yes, Lotto might shut it down for Gripel and the fact that Grabsch is in the break will make no difference to them...

0 likes

And the break is caught again  19

I don't see many getting away because Sagan will want points at inter sprint

0 likes

Will Sagan realy care?

He's so far ahead now that unless he doesn't contest any of the remaining sprint finishes he's unlikely to be caught. He's 97 points up on Griepel, that's pretty much three uncontested sprint finishes which Griepel would have to win just to catch him.

0 likes

Yeah Dr, Wiki is confusing with him, but I guess its because of team name change.....I've always been tempted to become an "editer" on Wiki and sort out some of their cycling stuff

Current team Lotto-Belisol

2011– Omega Pharma-Lotto

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Will Sagan realy care?

He's so far ahead now that unless he doesn't contest any of the remaining sprint finishes he's unlikely to be caught. He's 97 points up on Griepel, that's pretty much three uncontested sprint finishes which Griepel would have to win just to catch him.

Sagan's the type of rider thats hunger for anything. He'll want as much as possible, He didn't have to do all that climbing yesterday, But he did to chase down the guys and get back to the front. He's a monster and can do everything. In a few years, If he works a little on him climbing, He'll be a GC guy that can take every jersey  26

0 likes

Yeah, I guess as Lotto Belisol is now using the old OP-Lotto license he's in the same team and OP-Quickstep are racing on the old Quickstep license.

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Sagan's the type of rider thats hunger for anything. He'll want as much as possible, He didn't have to do all that climbing yesterday, But he did to chase down the guys and get back to the front. He's a monster and can do everything. In a few years, If he works a little on him climbing, He'll be a GC guy that can take every jersey  26

Either that or he'll be serving some form of ban  19

I'm kidding, but he's exactly the kind of rider who explodes onto the scene and who can do so much to such a high standard that you do begin to question their performances.

0 likes
Quote:

That's it fellas: 1'30" - you're away!
So the selection has been made. The peloton has eased off the accelerator and the escape group has formed. It's composed of five at the front and one in a counter-attack. The lead group is: Voeckler (EUC), Vande Velde (GRS), Fedrigo (EUC), Devenyns (OPQ) and Dumoulin (COF).

The counter-attacker is Nicki Sorensen (STB).

I'm sure Fedrigo is riding for FDJ  39

Wig_Billy [577 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Dumoulin!  4 Not the guy I thought I'd get in the break, but happy nonetheless.

0 likes
silas chime wrote:
silas chime wrote:

Dumoulin(for Voeckler)
Greipel(for RuiCosta)
Sagan
Gerrans
Albasini
Izagirre
Vichot
Pinot
Edet

Might have known Rui Costa would be in the break  31 Still confident that Greipel will outpoint him today though!!

3 decent TT'ers in this break though with Grabsch,Millar and Grivko

Swings and roundabouts again

Voeckler AND the man I bought in for him(Dumoulin) in the new break....one that looks like the break of the day.

I'd imagine Dumoulin would be favourite for the intermediate  16

chrisdstripes [1702 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Bah, I had Dumoulin in the break on Sat and decided he wouldn't go again, never mind. He was only 6th in the intermediate when I had him, so watch him take the 15 points today...

Thought I might get lucky with Stortoni trying to get across the gap just now, but he just missed it. Lampre have done virtually nothing the whole tour, so surely someone (Scarponi again?) will go for it on Weds...

I had quite a good plan in week one and got to top 50 overall after stage 6, but I've messed things up in week 2 and am left with a team that I look at thinking "how the hell have I ended up with that?"  1 still - hopefully three in the top 5 at the finish today and then I think I'll have 5 transfers for Weds if I want them...

Greipel
Goss
Sagan
Valls for Weds
Jeandesbosz
Stortoni
Pinot
De Weert
Boeckmans

0 likes

Greipel's birthday today  39

0 likes
Quote:

First six over intermediate sprint line
The 20 points for first place at Maugbouguet (101.5km) were won by Nicki Sorensen. With six over the line, the first places went to:

1. Sorensen (STB) 20pts
2. Voeckler (EUC) 17pts
3. Devenyns (OPQ) 15pts
4. Dumoulin (COF) 13pts
5. Fedrigo (FDJ) 11pts
6. Vande Velde (GRS) 10pts

Just after these points were taken, the peloton arrived at the '5km until the sprint' sign.

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Wow they went through the int sprint as if it never existed!  13

0 likes

Fantasy points for the intermediate were:

1. Sorensen (STB) 15pts
2. Voeckler (EUC) 14pts
3. Devenyns (OPQ) 13pts
4. Dumoulin (COF) 12pts
5. Fedrigo (FDJ) 11pts
6. Vande Velde (GRS) 10pts
7. Sagan (LIQ) 9pts
8. Koren (LIQ) 8pts
9. Bak (LTB) 7pts
10. De Greef (LTB) 6pts
11. Eisel (SKY) 5pts
12. Froome (SKY) 4pts
13. Knees (SKY) 3pts
14. Boasson Hagen (SKY) 2pts
15. Cavendish (SKY) 1pt

Looks like Griepel, Goss and Cavendish have given up on the sprints and the Green jersey.

and Brett Lancaster has abandoned.

0 likes

21 at the intermediate sprint and I'm hoping DuMoulin can get a win here as less people will have him than Sagan or Greipel......although the sportsman in me would like to see a Cav win after Sky's show of honour yesterday.

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Lancaster, Van Hummel
abandoned  7

0 likes
Quote:

Giovanni Bernaudeau & Kenny van Hummel quit
There are two more retirements in stage 15: they are Giovanni Bernaudeau (EUC) and Kenny van Hummel (VCD). There are now 157 left in the race.

Merde.

0 likes

Bernaudeau needs SACKED, he's done nothing but sit at the back ALL tour.....and never finished last  14 14

Thats me down to 6 in my purist, I need some more LL Sanchez breaks  3

chrisdstripes [1702 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I know the scoring system changes year-by-year, but still...
Sagan now has 340 points, so if and when he finishes top 10 today, he will have the most points since Sean Kelly's 434 in 1985! If he can beat that by Paris he'll have the highest points total in over 50 years!

Pages