Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling

It was suggested a few months ago that some people on the forum might want to try a fantasy track cycling competition for the olympics.

The idea's simple, pick an athlete/team/nation for each track event and we score the results, the best overall result is the winner.

The ten olympic events are:

Men's Keirin
Men's Omnium
Men's sprint
Men's team pursuit
Men's team sprint
Women's Keirin
Women's Omnium
Women's sprint
Women's team pursuit
Women's team sprint

Schedule is here: http://www.london2012.com/cycling-track/schedule-and-results/

Athlete details will be available here: http://www.london2012.com/cycling-track/athletes/

Deadline for entries is 8pm Wednesday 1st August.

Rules are:
1) Fantasy teams limited to one individual or team from any nationality i.e. you can't have more than one Brit or British team in your own team.
2) Scoring based on the Omnium where 1st scores 1, 2nd scores 2 etc down to 12th scoring 12. Any placing below 12th scores 12. Lowest overall score after 10 events is the winner.
3) DNFs, DQs or withdrawl's of an athlete count as finishing last and will score 12 points.
4) Where non-medal positions are not ranked (see 2008 men's team pursuit and team sprint) the time's from qualification will be used to rank teams for fantasy purposes.
5) Where it is not possible to rank a group of teams or individuals each will be given the score of the highest unranked position i.e. if 5-12 cannot be ranked by any of the above methods each will score 5 points.
6) Tie-breaks - first tie-break is number of Gold medal winners picked, then total medal winners picked then the lowest highest score i.e. one team has a highest event score of 8 (for 8th place), another has 10 (for 10th) then the winner is the team with the score of 8. Final tie-break is a coin-toss.
7) No prizes, although we could ask Dave nicely for a pair of socks  4

Any questions/comments? Happy to tweak the rules/format as suggested.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

127 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah Hammer and Bauge.

The lowest TER can get in the woman's sprint is 8, so there could be a few points gained back there. If Awang won and Watanabe scored 12, it could be close  3

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Although Gkam is 3rd, he is the only one that can catch me i believe, even tho Stevespro is currently 2nd, as he has 3 riders the same and so levy scoring 1 point and watanabe 12, he would still be 3 adrift.

For you Gkam, If Watanabe scored 12, Awang 1 that would be a 5 point difference meaning you would still need Guo to come 1st or 2nd for you to win, and 3rd to tie...

thus its gonna be difficult now for you to catch me

0 likes

Actually Chris could catch me as well as he has 3 different, with Pendleton and Whitten and Mulder, however im not sure Mulder will outscore Watanabe, and will Whitten beat Hammer, not so sure, and then again max pull back of 7 points with Pendleton, meaning he would still need to make up the other 9 points from those first too.

djb can also mathematically catch me if trott and levy were to win and both watanabe and hammer to come lower than 10th...which would be unlikely.

Therefore I dont think I can come lower than 2nd but if everything went right for 1 of your teams 1 of you could overtake me

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well think i can safely say I'll be finishing last!!!  20  24

0 likes

There goes your chance of winning Gkam, both Krupeckaite and Guo knocked out and will come 5th-8th

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

39 Not out yet, only 1 race outta 3 run

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Krupeckaite out. Guo into 3rd ride  22

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scores up, no change obviously as we all had Bauge. All change tomorrow though with the last three events. Hoping for some good results and a top three finish!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Guo through to the top 4, Krupeckaite came 5th  14

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go trotty....

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

God damn, Watanabe got through the repechage into the top 12  14 Awang is in Hoy's semi, so hopefully stick to his wheel and get to the final, then I can get 2nd overall  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Watanabe 11th Awang 6th

Guo 3rd Krupeckaite 5th

Don't think i'm taking the win.....MIGHT get a podium though  4

:edit, turns out I wont......bugger  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

We were joint 6th  20

Awang cost you and Krupeckaite cost me. In the end there was a few of us in the middle of the pack who got jumped on the last events by those with Mears and Pendleton or Levy.

It's been fun though, definitely added something to watching the competition.

Congrats to TERa and to GB for another cracking Olympics.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awang wasn't the costly one. It was my last minute change of mind to go for Irvine over Viviani in the omnium  20

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Panarina was my really costly one, she's usually right up there but cost me dearly. Oh well, it was fun, what do you think about reviving it for the world champs/commonwealth games?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The worlds yeah, thats Belarus next year. But the commonwealth's aren't until 2014? Still 2 years off  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, time to get your planning in then!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, I'll pick my teams next week  26

0 likes

If I look down from the podium I can just about see gkam. Lol
The tortoise beat the hares....
Go trotty!,!

Well done ratty.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

39 Not out yet, only 1 race outta 3 run

oh right, bbc results wern't clear when i had a glance then!

djb123 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Having applied my lack of track cycling knowledge here goes:

Men's Keirin - Maximilian Levy (GER)
Men's Omnium - Elia Viviani (Italy)
Men's Sprint - G Bauge (Fra)
Men's Team Pursuit - Denmark
Men's Team Sprint - Russia
Women's Keirin - Anna Meares (Australia)
Women's Omnium - Laura Trott (GBR)
Women's Sprint - Simona Krupeckaitė (Lithunia)
Women's Team Pursuit - New Zealand
Women's Team Sprint - China

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bit of shuffling in my team, but I can't edit the one above  39

Men's Keirin - Azizulhasni Awang (Malaysia)
Men's Omnium - Martyn Irvine (Ireland)
Men's Sprint - Gregory Bauge (France)
Men's Team Pursuit - Great Britain
Men's Team Sprint - Australia
Women's Keirin - Simona Krupeckaite (Lithuania)
Women's Omnium - Sarah Hammer (USA)
Women's Sprint - Guo Shuang (China)
Women's Team Pursuit - Canada
Women's Team Sprint - Germany

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just a nudge to remind everyone the deadline is 8pm tonight.

So far we've only got 8 entries.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bump, anyone watching? I missed everything until around 5.15, just came in to see GB DQ'd from the team sprint for a dodgy change over  13

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

BOOOOOOOSSSSSST. China got relegated in the gold medal race of the Women's team sprint and Germany win it for me  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Booo! Not happy with that result  14

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm delighted, not only did I have the winner, Shuang will be going for everything else now and I have her in the sprint  3

Now need the Aussie's to come out and beat Germany, but can't see it, So i'll only have 4th in the men's

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scores after day one:

Gkam: 5
TERatcliffe: 5
drheaton: 6
Stevespro: 6
chrisdstripes: 6
djb123: 9
JAndrewhill: 10
Livestrongnick: 15 (sorry! you picked Russia for the women's Team Sprint and they didn't compete so you get joint last for the race, 10th)

The difference at the top? The Chinese DQ  14

Men's Team Pursuit and Women's Keirin tomorrow!

0 likes

fix fix fix...reinstate the hinese please...not too bad a staet for my team tho.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The thing is, we've all got one pick that's a bit out there and different so it could all change so easily on one event.

It's great to include a simple game like this though, I was really willing the Chinese on in the women's sprint  2

Pages

Latest Comments