Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 14 TdF

There's a surprise, Taaramae tried a break, I knew he'd be on it today, but he didn't get away.

No breaks as yet, but 6 dropped riders with only 30km done

Dropped riders
BERNAUDEAU Giovanni........He BETTER come in LAST TODAY  14
SPRICK Matthieu
LANCASTER Brett
URTASUN PEREZ Pablo
ENGOULVENT Jimmy
FARRAR Tyler

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan must be on drugs...

Dropped him last night and made two penalty transfers to bring in Rolland, Kessiakoff, Froome and Pinot, pretty stupid in hindsight but I was expecting a KoM battle in the break. Annoyed as it'll drop me down the standings but at 200 points behind 1st I figured I had to roll the dice.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sandy Casar.......pain in the arse,

Over the top of the second Cat 1

Casar
Izagirre
Sagan
Gilbert
Sanchez
Paulinho

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

WTF, Cav is leading the peleton down from a Cat 1  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's not an all out climber, but when it gets lumpy, he holds his own or goes in breaks. Last year leading over the same climb they have just gone over.

Also in 2010 he won the Ordizia classic in Spain, some notable climbers have won that in the past as its up and down all day  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He wasn't first over the top.....that was me reading things wrong

Izaguirre first over Port de Lers last year
The Tour's itinerary in 2011 included the climb that the riders are currently on. The rider who took first at the top was Gorka Izaguirre (EUS) who is one of the 11-man group that's at the front of the race today.

The points for the second climb of stage 14 were won by:

1. Sergio Paulinho (STB) 10pts

2. Eduard Vorganov (KAT) 8pts

3. Philippe Gilbert (BMC) 6pts

4. Steven Kruiswijk (RAB) 4pts

5. Martin Velits (OPQ) 2pts

6. Luis Leon Sanchez (RAB) 1pt

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gorka Izagirre

Cycling Archives ranking
Position: 581
One-day-races
45 %
Tours
19 %
Stages
9 %
Climbers
7 %
Sprinters
19 %
Time trials
1 %

More of a one-day racer, but 18th on stage 7 so not bad I agree. That's his best finish in the TdF so far. He's only 24 so a lot of time to develop, after all not everyone is Sagan. He's been at the back for a few stages so obviously been saving some energy. I've had him in my team quite a few times but he hasn't delivered big time yet but today could be his day I suppose. Wish I had him for sure, and I didn't think Sagan would go on a break today after yesterday's effort. What the hell is that guy on!!

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think to catch up I need cantwell to win today. Lol

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Izagirre 1st over the top. Alan, He's a great climber, thats his forte  3

0 likes

Well, the views are stunning today. Hope the racing lives up to it.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

my team looked like this

Wiggins
Sagan
Kessiakoff
Sorenson

Pinot
Vichot
Boeckmans
Impey
Izagirre

So at least ive got some points, but then everyone else will have got those points too!

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

my team looked like this

Wiggins
Sagan
Kessiakoff
Sorenson

Pinot
Vichot
Boeckmans
Impey
Izagirre

So at least ive got some points, but then everyone else will have got those points too!

Well you're going to catch me up a bit today. Wish I had left in Sagan and swapped Urtasun for Izagirre, (not that he's a great climber). Have to decide which EUS riders to put in for Wed and Thurs; the ones who've already scored or the ones who haven't yet.

0 likes

If Sagan stays with them on the Mur, he's got it sewn up. No way LLS or Casar will beat him. But I think that climb will shake things up. I hope we see an interesting stage today in any case. I'd rather at least some of the break crack up on that climb to give my GC riders bigger points. 3k of really steep stuff.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

10 minutes, they are not coming back today, with the nearest to yellow being over half an hour down. Interesting on the live ticker, this....

Quote:

It seems that whenever Sandy Casar goes on the attack in the Tour de France, another rider in the escape group is Luis Leon Sanchez. They've already been on the attack together in the 2012 Tour (stage 10). They were first and second in St-Flour in 2011 (Luis ahead of Sandy). They were first and second in St-Girons in 2009 (Luis ahead of Sandy). They were first and second in St-Jean-de Maurienne in 2010 (Sandy ahead of Luis).

There are other examples but this is a start.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan's not going to wait for Nibali until the final descent, We'll see, but I doubt it. He's out for points and the win if they can stay away.

8 minutes and still rising

0 likes

No-one today but I wasn't really expecting anything. Sagan's going to pick up max int points then maybe link up with Nibali I suppose. Van den Broeck or Evans have to try something again I think on the descent or just before the top. They've only got a couple more chances.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Make that 6 minutes......

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The 11 escapees have an advantage of 4'00" at the 61km mark.

Well at least i'm going to score some points at the inter sprint today and most likely a climb maybe even both

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Reckon Sagan will launch Nibali on one of the descents today. Just like Schleck last year

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The 11 leaders are now 2'00" ahead of the peloton.

Here's a reminder of who is on the attack:Philippe Gilbert (FRA) BMC, Cyril Gautier (FRA) EUC, Gorka Izaguirre (ESP) EUS, Peter Sagan (SVK) LIQ, Sebastien Minard (FRA) ALM, Eduard Vorganov (RUS) KAT, Sandy Casar (FRA) FDJ, Steven Kruiswijk (NED) RAB, Luis Sanchez (ESP) RAB and Martin Velits (SVK) OPQ.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems they are getting away a bit, 2 minutes now and it should be a break day unless someone big attacks on the first Cat 1

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

They've caught up. Got Sagan and Izagirre with Kessiakoff already scoring.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The eight men in pursuit of Sagan's trio is:

Gilbert (BMC), Gautier (EUC), Izaguirre (EUS), Minard (ALM), Vorganov (KAT), Casar (FDJ), Sanchez (RAB) and Velits.

GO GO GO, Izaguirre FINALLY pulling his finger out for me and Sanchez must be feeling good. Hopefully get them to catch up and that'll be the break, Could have 3 riders up there  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dropped riders

KLÖDEN Andréas  13
SCHLECK Frank  13
COPPEL Jérôme
VANENDERT Jelle
CHAVANEL Sylvain  13
VANOTTI Alessandro
BERNAUDEAU Giovanni
SPRICK Matthieu
LANCASTER Brett
EISEL Bernhard
CAVENDISH Mark
URTASUN PEREZ Pablo
ENGOULVENT Jimmy
FARRAR Tyler

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rolland has just returned to the peloton after his puncture.

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Rolland has just returned to the peloton after his puncture.

Damn! Hope he didn't use up too much energy.

0 likes

No, let it be Urtasun. I've got him.

For what it's worth I've got.

Froome
Wiggins
Zubeldia
Rolland (mountain points maybe or another stage win or decent place at end)

Vichot (surely he'll go sometime, every other FDJ rider has - today is as good a day as any)
Urtasun (maybe last today now)
Pinot (looking good, will try to win white jersey especially as TJ isn't good on the steep stuff of which we have one today and one on stage 17)
Impey
Simon

Last two did well yesterday and pulled me back into the top 50 Premium. Hoping for more on Mon. Probably swap Froome and Rolland for Sagan and Greipel/Goss. Trying to get top 20 premium TdF and top 20 overall. Not really interested in stage prizes as I don't need the stuff.

Stage 15 Halfords is my big try at winning a bike on a stage win. Got one last year so keeping my fingers crossed. Not many sprinters left to choose now, but getting rid of all the ones who've dropped out for the few that remain.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan (LIQ), Kruiswijk (RAB) and Paulinho (STB) trying to break  39

Pages

Latest Comments