Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 14 TdF

There's a surprise, Taaramae tried a break, I knew he'd be on it today, but he didn't get away.

No breaks as yet, but 6 dropped riders with only 30km done

Dropped riders
BERNAUDEAU Giovanni........He BETTER come in LAST TODAY  14
SPRICK Matthieu
LANCASTER Brett
URTASUN PEREZ Pablo
ENGOULVENT Jimmy
FARRAR Tyler

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lotto pushing in the Wiggins group now that Rolland is threatening JVdB's place. Think TJvG is in the Wiggins group, pretty shit from him to abandon Evans like that... I wonder what Froome would have done  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't care about Evans  19  19

LL Sanchez is repaying my faith for having him in my purist as is Izagirre and Sagan is just a machine. Whatever happens, I've got 3 of the first 5 home  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

BOOST, Sagan has just got the combat Red number award thingy....thats a bonus  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sanchez
Sagan
Casar
Gilbert
Izagirre

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can't believe I dropped Sagan last night  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist ambition could be right back on track as no-one around me has Sanchez.....not going to last though as some have Evans and Wiggo  4

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

LLS, he'll see it as justice for yesterday.

Took Casar out for Pinot last night. Still got Sagan though.

Tacks, happened in Scotland a couple or 3 years back, in the Etape Caledonia.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If there were things on the road....I'm blaming the Basque's

Sanchez and Izagirre through in the break and hundreds of Basque's on the climb  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Damn those pesky Basques.

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Glam could be in for the stage win today!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I very much doubt it as the only other rider I have scoring that I know of is Wiggo......BUT I would be nice  4

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry my auto correct said you're glam and not Gkam!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Apparently Europcar are the only team running tyres which would have survived a carpet tack... the plot thickens.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

but the 14th stage of the 2012 race will be remembered for the sabotage that threatened to influence the overall classification. Eventually cool heads prevailed and the biggest potential loser of the stage, Cadel Evans was given a lifeline by his main rivals who all realised that attacking a rider who was a victim of what the competition director of the Tour, Jean-François Pescheux claimed was sabotage

So the director must have seen evidence of something

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

So-so day for me. Big mistake taking out Sagan. Waste of 2 transfers as I'm bringing him back for tomorrow when who knows he might decide to have a rest. Going to drop a bit. Seem to be doing better in the sprint stages this year then the mountains. Last climb too far away from the finish to produce any fireworks. TdF has organised this badly. Should have some better stages for the weekend with at least one mountain top finish.

Izagirre did well. His best finish ever in the TdF. Now which EUS rider to choose for 16 and 17. Might leave in Urtasun for 15 as he prefers flat stages it seems.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If i'm going to win, I need Bernaudeau or Boeckmans to come in last, as Grivko has already come in at 45th.

EDIT, Bernaudeau 124th and Boeckmans 161st

Kern in at 162......He might be last AGAIN  14

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

164 for me

Stage winner had 215 and have 4/5 of the final break guys  20

164 for a purist with only 7 riders left should be great in my quest for top premium purist  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Picture nicked from Sigma Sports facebook

Quote:

Sad to hear Kiserlovski is out all due to some idiots and these little fellas...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

The question is - will Phil Liggett keep getting Kiserlovski and Kessiakoff mixed up now that the former isn't even racing?  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tac's reported scattered on the road  14  14

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Tac's reported scattered on the road  14  14

28 tac's dropped, wonder if it was Rolland  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is going to effect alot of teams here

Robert Kiserlovski (AST) is out of the Tour. He has apparently broken his collarbone in a crash.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, Wiggins waiting for Cuddles' group, Kiserlovski out of the tour, punctures everywhere, its chaos.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Evans front puncture....  19  19  4  4  19  19

I'm happy though, I have 3/5 of the breaks, just as Sanchez nails it with 11km to go  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I didn't see TeeJ going over the top at all, He wasn't with Evans.

Brad changes bike, I wouldn't have thought that was for a puncture, more likely a gearing change  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Flat for Bradley, wonder if he's waiting for Cuddles?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, looked like Sky were waiting until Rolland jumped off the front forcing everyone around him in GC to follow. Poor work from TJvG though, he should have been right there and watching Evans.

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Evans punctured at the top, sky were waiting for Evans to get back and Rolland has just exploded off the front

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you like Evans.....Thats not so good. But for me. I'm pissing myself laughing.

Evans gets a rear puncture and rides to the top.....Cummings the next BMC over......give him my wheel....NOPE cause I also have a rear puncture

Few big crashes, An Astana rider lying at the side of the road.

Rolland attacks as the rest sat up for Evans.....making the rest of the big guys ride. Evans will be going MENTAL  19  19

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks like a Sagan win from here then. Forks second would be a bonus

Pages

Latest Comments