Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 11 TdF

Lost another of my rider's today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18812586

The break is still getting set up, but only Grivko seems to be there for me  19 These are your guys, but its not going to stay like that. Its messy  3

Burghardt, Cumming, Gilbert (BMC)

Popovych (RNT)

Malacarne (EUC)

Perez (EUS)

Bole (LAM)

Koren (LIQ)

Martin (GRS)

Cherel and Riblon (ALM)

Dumoulin (COF)

Hoogerland (VCD)

Paolini (KAT)

Hutarovich (FDJ)

Gesink and Kruiswijk (RAB)

Karpets (MOV)

Sorensen and Sorensen (STB)

Grivko, Iglinskiy, Kieserlovski and Vinokourov (AST)

De Weert and Pineau (OPQ)

Albasini (OGE)

De Kort, Gretsch and Huguet (ARG)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

60 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

*sigh*

It's only 1 fantasy point but assuming Rolland places well at the finish he should still take the polka dot jersey.

This morning I thought about bringing in Pinot or Kiserlovski but plumped for Roux  14

I need to learn to go with my instincts instead of overthinking it.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was Rolland using elbows

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

It was Rolland using elbows

My impression was that Rolland was elbowing him off because Kessiakoff was leaning in, either way it doesn't make a huge amount of difference in the fantasy comp.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

The right decision.  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bastards have just reversed their decision and given it to Kessiakoff.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, Rolland's French isn't he...  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rolland awarded the climb after Kessiakoff used his elbows.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kessiakoff was clearly first over Croix de Fer, not Rolland. I hope that's corrected by the end of the stage.

drheaton replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Kessiakoff was clearly first over Croix de Fer, not Rolland. I hope that's corrected by the end of the stage.

I hope it isnt  19

In fairness Kessiakoff was coming round the outside pretty fast but I don't think it was as clear cut as the ITV commentators thought, and I don't trust their eyesight at the best of times.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm surprised and impressed too - I have him in but it was more because I thought he might go for the KOM jersey, never expected him to ride with the leaders like this.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Regretting not bringing Pinot in now, he's riding really well, very impressed that he's managed to stay with the Sky guys today.

0 likes

I do find myself getting disproportionately annoyed with all the mistakes they make, especially Phil Liggett. I think it says more about my pedantic nature than the standard of commentary. Amazing racing though!

This my first non-terrible mountain stage.

Rolland (lead group)
Wiggins, Brajkovic, Pinot (yellow group)
Sorensen (dropping back but at least he got a few points first)
Already have more points than I got on Sunday's stage!

0 likes

Yeah, but you could see the Sky riders behind him - did they really think Hutarovich had stayed with the lead group?!  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you miss the shorts, The white jersey with the BMC logo does look a little like Belarus national champion jersey  3 It was just a flash before they started to film him

0 likes

I know commentary isn't easy but Paul Sherwen just mistook Van Garderen for Hutarovich!

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks like I got virtual yellow in the comp over Madeleine, nobody else in top ten has Kessiakoff, one team has Rolland
almost transferred Rolland in for Kessiakoff, but decided Kessiakoff will get more mountain points, even if Rolland is more likely to win

Wiggins
Evans
Kessiakoff
Zubeldia

Izagirre
Martinez
Pinot
Vichot
Impey

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing on the Madeleine and nothing at the sprint  20 but I think Liquigas are setting something up for 'His Nibs' as Koren and Basso go up the road.

0 likes

13 from the Madeleine and 14 from the sprint. Shame I dropped Velits instead of Brajkovic this morning...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm pretty sure I got 0 over the climb

Sagan and Oss attacking, just as Nibali has a problem and had to drop out the back to get it fixed

Gustav Larsson (VCD) is now also out of the Tour de France. He's the second rider from Vacansoleil to quit the race during the 11th stage.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

24 points from Madeleine.  4

drheaton replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

24 points from Madeleine.  4

Just 5  14

This year I've been rubbish at picking breaks, I miss the high scorers but when I get a rider in the break they score nothing  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Westra and another VCD rider have jumped off

Izagirre is trying, but to be honest, everyone has him if you have the top stars. So not going to get any advantage off his points  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Izagirre nearly up to the break and Westra has abandoned.

0 likes

Unconfirmed reports that Westra has abandoned...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Moinard (BMC), Horner (RNT), Kern, Malacarne and Rolland (EUC), Scarponi and Marzano (LAM), Koren and Basso (LIQ), Martin (GRS), Kadri and Riblon (ALM), Feillu (SAU), Hoogerland (VCD), Ten Dam and Kruiswijk (RAB), Valverde and Kiryienka (MOV), C. Sorensen (STB), Kessiakoff, Kiserlovski and Vinokourov (AST), Leipheimer and P. Velits (OPQ), Weening (OGE) are the riders in the lead of the stage.

They have nine kilometres to go before reaching the top of the col de la Madeleine.

Three Europcar but no Giovanni Bernaudeau, I'm gonna find him and give him a boot, he's be ghostly in the tour.

Interesting there are no Euski riders there  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins
Evans
Rolland (in for Froome)
Zubeldia

Izagirre
Roux (in for Martinez, considered De Weert and Kiserlovski)
Simon
Vichot
Jeandesboz

Had Rolland down for today's stage right from the start of the tour and swapped out Martinez after his antics yesterday. Hoping Rolland looks to protect Voecklers KoM lead from Scarponi over the summits.

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just one change for me today and figured that the 2pts lost on GC between them may be worth it as Nibali has seemed more aggressive than Evans.

It also allows me my 2 planned transfers tomorrow credits-wise.

Team for today protecting 6th place premium TDF

Nibali(for Evans)
Wiggins
Taaramae
Rogers
Westra
Izagirre
Pinot
Edet
Vichot

0 likes

C-A Sorensen
Wiggins
Rolland
Brajkovic
Pinot
De Weert
Szmyd
Jeandesbosz
Bouet

So many good riders in the break, difficult to see how it'll pan out at the moment...

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chris Anker Sorensen (SAX)
Cadel Evans (BMC)
Jurgen van den Broeck (LOT)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Andrey Kashechkin (AST)
Guillaume Levarlet (SAU)
Brice Feillu (SAU)

iammarcmason | 11 years ago
0 likes

well can't see me having anyone in the break but you never know.

Still got:
Wiggins
Evans
Froome
Zubeldia

Izagirre
J Simon
Morkov
Bernaudeau
C Pineau

Pages

Latest Comments