Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 11 TdF

Lost another of my rider's today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18812586

The break is still getting set up, but only Grivko seems to be there for me  19 These are your guys, but its not going to stay like that. Its messy  3

Burghardt, Cumming, Gilbert (BMC)

Popovych (RNT)

Malacarne (EUC)

Perez (EUS)

Bole (LAM)

Koren (LIQ)

Martin (GRS)

Cherel and Riblon (ALM)

Dumoulin (COF)

Hoogerland (VCD)

Paolini (KAT)

Hutarovich (FDJ)

Gesink and Kruiswijk (RAB)

Karpets (MOV)

Sorensen and Sorensen (STB)

Grivko, Iglinskiy, Kieserlovski and Vinokourov (AST)

De Weert and Pineau (OPQ)

Albasini (OGE)

De Kort, Gretsch and Huguet (ARG)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

60 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Woop - 1,2,6,7,8 on the stage

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 5 in GC, look at the time gaps

1. Bradley Wiggins (GBR) SKY

2. Chris Froome (GBR) SKY at 2'05"

3. Vincenzo Nibali (ITA) LIQ at 2'23"

4. Cadel Evans (AUS) BMC at 3'19"

5. Jurgen van den Broeck (BEL) LTB 4'48"

0 likes

Great day - no Brit has ever made the podium remember and its currently a 1-2...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Evans literally needs to take Wiggo out now however Froome would still go on and win it.

Average day for me, dropped Froome for Rolland but should have dropped Evans. Basically I'm a Pinot away from having a good stage.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

A better day than usual for me, but not having Rolland means another stage that I'm nowhere near winning.  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
keith roberts | 11 years ago
0 likes

dropped rolland last night...pah! put pinot in though, hurrah!  4

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Froome has just made a huge mistake, and exposed Wiggins as not being able to follow big attacks, the other teams will cash in on this.

2,3,6,16 for me, 1,2,6,10gc, 5 in KOM, 2 in youth, maybe get over 100 points at last

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He has 2.23 to play with for the rest of the week, then he'll take them out in the TT. So without a technical half way up a climb, the race is his.

0 likes

How's this for a change in fortunes - yesterday my team were 3362nd on the stage, today 4th.  4

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

a lot of people seem to have predicted that Rolland would win today. Was I missing something?  13

captain_slog | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know the feeling. Maybe his missus tweeted something?

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

well anyone else thinking the froomedog for the Vuelta!!?  39

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Anton,A.Shrek,Samuel Sanchez,Arroyo,Kreuziger,Nieve,Uran may all be Vuelta podium contenders too?

If Sky put Froome in as team leader as reward for help in the tour then he'd probably go 2nd or 3rd favourite behind Contador and J-Rod

0 likes

Wow, you're right, could be a really competitive Vuelta this year. There are 6 or 7 flat stages as well so presumably they become Kittel's new target...

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Those that have a decent TourDePologne and have no Olympic commitments may also have the right condition/prep for the Vuelta.

I also r-e-a-l-l-y rate DeGendt's chances if he rides and he's a fantasy beast at times because of the way he wins stages by gobbling up every mountain point along the way.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I doubt you'll see Samuel Sanchez at the Vuelta, with two broken wrist's. He'll be lucky to be back in time

chrisdstripes replied to thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Froome has just made a huge mistake, and exposed Wiggins as not being able to follow big attacks, the other teams will cash in on this.

The problem is, does anyone else have the same acceleration as Froome? The other problem is, if anyone else attacks Wiggins, he has Froome to pace him back. I'm very confident now about Brad's chances. (And if he does crack, Froome could still win it instead).

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

well anyone else thinking the froomedog for the Vuelta!!?  39

Ten summit finishes! (to varying degrees...)

So yes, if he rides it he's got to be up there with J-Rod and presumably Cobo...
EDIT - Oh yeah and Contador  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Evans has lost a minute at the moment, 3km to go  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bah, should have dropped Evans, not Froome, and I really really wish I'd picked Pinot  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Froome has said, THIS IS MY tour.......and then gets a bollocking on the radio, lol

0 likes

I never seem to have an average day in the mountains. 31 points yesterday, 37 on Sunday, today I have Rolland, Sorensen, Pinot, Brajkovic and Wiggins.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Love the ITV commentators, apparently TJ van Garderen is leading the competition for the best white jersey...

Gkam84 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Love the ITV commentators, apparently TJ van Garderen is leading the competition for the best white jersey...

He has the best white jersey, So that means the FDJ are leading the best white team jersey standings  19  19

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

He has the best white jersey, So that means the FDJ are leading the best white team jersey standings  19  19

Personally I prefer Cavendish's white jersey.

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Personally I prefer Cavendish's white jersey.

Liggett's latest gem - "This man doesn't know the word give up"  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

They might get caught yet, Btajkovic, JVdB and Pinot attacking out of the bunch but no reaction from Sky  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I want to see them caught  19  19  19

If they don't get caught, I need an Astana or Europcar win for the bonus 5  3

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ive made a mess of this....too safe with my stars, and non of my DS's doing anything as i have roux and vichot and neitehr went for it!! nevermind, gonna axe menchov tomorrow i think

Pages

Latest Comments