Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Remy Di Gregorio's points.....Discuss

Right, This might sound a little petty as he only scored 6 points on stage 4. BUT i'm just looking for consistency with what's been said in the past.

At some point either last season or very earlier this season we were talking about what would happen if a rider was removed from a race, either by his team or by official's and DQ'd for something.

I think the whole discussion started in light of Contador's issue's.

I'm pretty sure it was said, That if the race had finished. There would be nothing done retrospectively, But should something happen mid race then that rider may have his points removed from the game.

Ok, he's not been found guilty of anything yet, but it was bad enough for his team to suspend him. Apparently something to do with the supply of cocaine and not a performance enhancing thing......thats only rumour though.

So will he have his points removed?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think everyone who spends time in a police cell during a tour should get a bonus 5pts  3

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

and yes, stage prizes stand

0 likes

hang on, yes it is:

http://fantasy.road.cc/howto

under 'what kind of things get scored'

0 likes

it's in the rules, but for some reason it's not been transferred over to the current game's rules page - sorting that. anyway...

the rules wrote:

Disqualifications and suspensions: if a rider is disqualified or suspended during a race then their points tally will be zeroed for that race, for all the stages if it's a stage race. The scores and rankings for each race will be finalised once the race is completed, and we will not revisit them retrospectively should a rider be suspended later in the season.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

GKam, that was the stance for Contador, but Di Gregorio hasn't tested positive like one of the guys last year (Kolobnev?) so it would be harsh to scrap his massive total of 6 points...

Positive test, kicked out of the tour, yes null and void them and remove their points (assuming it's possible in game).

Suspended for something else, removed from the tour because of ongoing investigations (say Zabriskie, Vande Velde or Leipheimer got removed because of the whole Armstrong thing) then they've not done anything wrong as part of that tour and they haven't scored points based on doping so I say leave their points as they are.

In this case, leave Di Gregorio's points in in my opinion.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

2009?

You've only been registered 2 weeks short of 2 years  3

But as I said above, nothing can be done retrospectively, but mid tour it can be.

I'm pretty sure that was stated by Dave, but to feck if i'm trawling through all the threads to find it.  19

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

At the mo he has been suspended by his team BUT not foud guilty or charged with anything.

As a result i say let his points stand but if by the end of the race we are aware of what he has done and he has been charged with any offence then remove his points from this race.

A simple email broadcast to every participating member should suffice then everyone is kept the same and informed and it also sets a precedent for any future similar cases.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

My memory is not good BUT wasn't 2009 the first year for fantasy cycling?

In that Tour de France (from memory, the only Tour played in the fantasy comp.) Lance Armstrong competed. I remember having him in my team. Maybe we should go back in time, cancel his points and see if that changes the winner of the comp.?  39  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'm not worried about stage prizes or overall prizes, but if a rider is removed mid tour. Then his points should also be removed.

If he'd jumped off of his own accord on stage 5 and then been picked up by official's at the hotel on rest day. Then nothing doing as he'd already left the race. But the fact he was removed while still intending to compete....

0 likes

OK, here's my thoughts then.

Stage wins - Dave presumably will already have sent the prizes out so it's too late to ask people (and completely impractical!) for people to send them back. The stage win stands.

Tour de France overall, doping discovered before the end of the comp. - Harsh as it may sound, that rider's points will be declared null and void and marked down to zero.

Purist - same.

After the end of the comp. for both Purist and overall - too late. winner stands.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I would be saying the same. I want to see things that are said on the forum followed through with.  26

0 likes

*mind boggling*

What if it was someone like Peter Sagan?

Latest Comments