Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 10 - Mâcon to Bellegarde-sur-Valserine

Hurray! Mountains!

This is where the tour gets exciting, the first HC climb of the race, the Col du Grand Colombier, awaits the riders today (fewer than finished the TT). I can't wait! Today and tomorrow should go some way to answering some of the many questions such as how will Sky handle the consistent attacks that are bound to come from those 4-5 minutes down. Who will end up working together to beat Sky and in the end can Wiggins/Froome be put under enough pressure to crack?

I've made my transfers but a heads up for those who haven't Di Gregorio is in jail and Matt Lloyd bumped his elbow so neither will feature.

What's your tactics? Are there enough KoM points to tempt you to chase breaks or is it all about the GC contenders? Does anyone not have Wiggins, Evans, Froome and Zubeldia in their team?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

56 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's all my riders in the break scored for me so far  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Kern, Cancellara, Hoogerland, Marcado, Dan Martin, Sylvain Chavanel, Gesink... are some of the riders who have recently been dropped by the peloton.

Gesink has been tosh so far this race, he was not a great pick for my purist team and neither was Hoogerland  20

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Quote:

Kern, Cancellara, Hoogerland, Marcado, Dan Martin, Sylvain Chavanel, Gesink... are some of the riders who have recently been dropped by the peloton.

Gesink has been tosh so far this race, he was not a great pick for my purist team and neither was Hoogerland  20

My just-for-fun purist team had Sammy Sanchez, Astarloza, Di Gregorio and Kittel. (I've stopped scoring it now...) Glad I didn't go to the hassle of creating that second account!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go Luis Go Luis......... FINALLY, he might get me some points back in the purist as not many people have picked him  19  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Result of Grand Colombier
The points at the top of the first HC climb were won by:

1. Voeckler (EUC) 25pts
2. Scarponi (LAM) 20pts - at 5"
3. Sanchez (RAB) 16pts
4. Devenyns (OPQ) 14pts
5. Voigt (RBT) 12pts - at 1'08"
6. Casar (FDJ) 10pts
7. Martinez (EUS) 8pts
8. Fofonov (AST) 6pt
9. Grivko (AST) 4pts
10. Peraud (ALM) 2pts

I believe fantasy points are 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

That means my two riders in the early breakaway have amassed me a mighty 4 points so far...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So far, my breaker's have 35 with LL still in the front 4, but only a 5 and 3 for 3rd Cat, Voeckler will go for it, then he'll be in the KoM's jersey I think.

IF they can stay away up that climb I think they should get to the finish in front, But Sagan and Nibali are motoring on the descent. Sagan can go up hill. But I think the 3rd cat is 7km.... Maybe to much for him?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Could be interesting although I think Sagan has now done his job by helping Nibali build a 1 minute gap on the peloton. I'm impressed though, Goss was caught and spat out of the back of the peloton miles ago, Sagan's clearly not a bad climber.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah - Sagan could be the next Sean Kelly! (Bit harsh on Goss there tho - he sat up as soon as he got the sprint and didn't try to stay out like Sagan did).

Oop - Tejay is being dropped...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Voeckler with the win, Wiggins, Froome and Evans all finishing top 20 and no major time gaps between the big GC guys.

Despite having two in the break I only scored 72 today, fairly dissappointed. Voeckler's worth that all on his own today!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had to nip out and missed the last 15km. I see LL came in 4th, So my breakers got 57 to if my counting is on the ball.

So then I have Wiggo's GC and Sagan's points. I think my Purist will be around level with my stage hunting  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

WOW, Today's stage winner picked his/her team by the 28th February  13

Raleigh replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

WOW, Today's stage winner picked his/her team by the 28th February  13

And they had Remy DG!

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, I think I'm mistaken on this but I still want to ask you. I could have sworn you had Sam Sanchez in your Purist team?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nope, I don't like or rate him and as much as its a shame he got injured. I always had LL Sanchez

Also, if you look at my guys, I already have 2 Euski's  3

0 likes

ah, my mistake.

Didn't LL Sanchez get injured earlier on in the Tour, you had him in your Purist team and you thought he might withdraw?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think he was in a crash along with half the field that day when all the Rabo guy's went down and he was over 30 mins down at one point.

He got me points for a break on stage 7. But missed out on the prologue and the TT, where i'd banked on some points from him, with him being the Spanish TT champ i thought he'd be going alot better than he is....As with the rest of the Rabo team, disappointed this tour.

0 likes

ah, well, nice choice for today in any case.  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't worry, You'll get your points back on me with having Evan's. But if LL keeps on going in break's, which he might be try or Canc tries one of his super human effort's. I might keep with you  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Decent day made better by Izagirre finishing last, what's happened there? He seemed to be in great form until today.

Thinking of picking up a couple of new stars for the stage tomorrow but not sure who, Peraud looks so-so at the minute but Rolland looks ok, Van den Broeck will attack again but I can't decide whether to play it safe or not. None of my risks have paid off so far so no idea what to do  14

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Pfft, if he was a real man he'd do a Hushovd and just go solo.

Good God. He's only 22 (I think). He hasn't built up the endurance yet, plus he has 2 jobs; win the green, almost done, help Nibali, I think we'll see more of this although I doubt if it'll help much. Sky still looking strong, no panic when Nibali attacked, sign of winners. Wiggins is going to do it.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wonder what his odds are now?

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not great.

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

One thing I have just noticed since it's gone live.

No yellow helmets on RSNT?? I thought every team had to bring along a yellow helmet for each rider just incase they should be leading the team standings  39  39

I think the helmets are optional, but numbers aren't.

drheaton replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Pfft, if he was a real man he'd do a Hushovd and just go solo.

Good God. He's only 22 (I think). He hasn't built up the endurance yet, plus he has 2 jobs; win the green, almost done, help Nibali, I think we'll see more of this although I doubt if it'll help much. Sky still looking strong, no panic when Nibali attacked, sign of winners. Wiggins is going to do it.

Sarcasm...

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - it seems you may have got some points with Mr Bernadeau at last  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah through his lack of doing anything, his team mate got bored and made some points for him  3

Pages

Latest Comments