Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 9 - ITT, Arc-et-Senans to Besançon

Big day today, will Cancellara win? how's Tony Martin doing? will Froome go all out or settle for his domestique roll? Lots of questions today and it should be as interesting.

My team, made four transfers (40 penalty points):

Wiggins
Evans
Froome
Gusev
Zabriskie
Jeandesboz
Levarlet
Boeckmans
Izagirre

Unless I have a good day today I'll be calling it a day on my title challenge (a'la Gesink) and shooting for a stage win.

Oh, and the transfer window has closed and the stage has just started. Good luck everyone.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope Wiggo can put in a good time, but I don't see him doing a 52. As it stands I have 3 in the top 10, so I'm hoping only Wiggo can go under 54.33  19  19

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

With you on this one drh.....Wiggins comfortably....

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, Cancellara is storming it but I still reckon Wiggins is in with a good shout. The climb in particular should help him more than Cancellara, plus, if he's doing his Discovery Channel thing he may even out pace his support car today...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm calling it now, without Canc even finished, he's going to win it, Over a minute up at the second split......He's found his TT legs today  13

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Martin had puncture again in an time trial!  13 so Canc will prob come in nearer 50min mark!

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hat's off to The Jensie......2nd at the first chrono  13

livestrongnick replied to silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes
silas chime wrote:

Shit the bed he's flying  13  13  13
shouldn't be suprised really, he did put in a stormer in California  26

Simon E replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
silas chime wrote:

Shit the bed he's flying  13  13  13

And he was nailing it for a good portion of yesterday's stage. Chapeau Jens.

He's such a star! I don't think he'll retire quietly and voluntarily - it'll take several big blokes to drag him away in a strait jacket  3

0 likes

Currently i've no riders in the top 20  20
But i do have the current slowest rider Engoulvent  4

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Currently i've no riders in the top 20  20
But i do have the current slowest rider Engoulvent  4

He should stay there unless one of the big guns goes round in under 50 minutes, at which point he's outside of the cut-off and DQ'd  4

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Never trust Gustav Larsson's twitter.  14

EDIT - Although thinking about it, I brought in Westra for Larsson so I should be happy.  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Zabriskie only 7th with probably at least 5 or 6 faster guys to finish, looks like bringing him in was not worth 20 penalty points after all  14

silas chime replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Zabriskie only 7th with probably at least 5 or 6 faster guys to finish, looks like bringing him in was not worth 20 penalty points after all  14

Always unlikely to finish top 5(minimum requirement for 20 penalty points)and nowhere in any of the GC/pts/KOM comps!!

Martin goes fastest by half a minute!!

first 3 of mine to finish are sitting 2nd,9th and 12th with some major guns to come-really anticipating top50 on the stage

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping for points from LL Sanchez today  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Excellent, I have neither but I reckon more people will have Westra than Martin so the more people quicker than Westra the better  19

0 likes

Tony Martin 13 seconds better than Westra at first time check  31

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Current top 5

1. Westra
2. Larsson
3. LL Sanchez
4. Millar
5. Gretsch

Zabriskie 1 minute down at the first check, Lancaster same at first check, 2 minutes down at the second.

0 likes

Zabriskie,Grabsch and Grivko from the DS' perhaps.....Kessiakoff,Taaramae,Rogers from the stars but probably not good enough to top 4 if Martin's on form.

Larsson,LuLuSanchez,Westra look to be the early 1/2/3.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Everyone seems to be talking up Cancellara and Wiggins as top two, then Evans and Martin as 3 & 4 in any order. Does anyone think there are any other riders capable of breaking into the top 4? Froome, Millar, anyone?

Also probably more importantly, how will Nibali, Van den Broeck and Menchov do in relation to Wiggins/Evans?

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

took my penalty yesterday bringing in rogers a day early  1

Evans
Van Garderen
Rogers
Wiggins

Lancaster
Roux
Zabriskie
Boeckmans
Bernaudeau

for me. 5 or six in the top 20 would do

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

took my penalty yesterday bringing in rogers a day early  1

Evans
Van Garderen
Rogers
Wiggins

Lancaster
Roux
Zabriskie
Boeckmans
Bernaudeau

for me. 5 or six in the top 20 would do

Penalties are an excellent idea if you want a stage victory. In fact they make it a bit easy. Take a big pen one day for glory the next. Useless for the overall though.

0 likes

Taken a penalty today  2 had a mare last 2 days so hoping for a better showing today. Couldn't get Evans in either(being biased towards Wiggo was a factor)  19

Menchov
Wiggo
Rogers
Cancellara

Vichot
Izagirre
Lancaster
Engoulvent
Morkov

Didn't think martin was worth it today!  31

0 likes

Almost as mean as the BBC 'gloating' over Sammy Sanchez' injuries and the so-called 'boost' to Cav's Olympic chances.  19

Personally,if Sanchez was even a contender then Cav has no chance.....as it is it made no difference to the Olymic Road Race favourites(Greipel/Cav/Gerrans/Goss/Gilbert/Sagan).And if France get their track sprinter Bourgain over the undulations then I think he'll blow Cav away!!

Alan Tullett replied to silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes
silas chime wrote:

Almost as mean as the BBC 'gloating' over Sammy Sanchez' injuries and the so-called 'boost' to Cav's Olympic chances.  19

Personally,if Sanchez was even a contender then Cav has no chance.....as it is it made no difference to the Olymic Road Race favourites(Greipel/Cav/Gerrans/Goss/Gilbert/Sagan).And if France get their track sprinter Bourgain over the undulations then I think he'll blow Cav away!!

Bouhanni might stand a remote chance of winning but if Bourgain wins his first road race in the Olympics that would be a miracle. I would have thought if the sprinters get dropped then Boonen and the Belgium team in general has the best chance. Sagan has a good chance but he hasn't outsprinted Boonen yet.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I went for these, not ideal but best I could do considering what a mess my team was in yesterday!
Wiggins
Cancellara
Brajkovic
Peter Velits (bad choice for last 2 days but is an improving TTer)
Zabriskie
Grivko
Jeandesbosz, Bouet, Simon
Hopefully at least four of the top six can pick up good points, then I'll recalibrate on the rest day with the four free transfers and have another go...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wonder how many picked Cancellara and Martin, personally I figured Wiggins, Froome and Evans could well outscore them with their guaranteed GC/KoM standings points.

"silas chime" wrote:

Hope the early deadline caught a few out!!!

That's just plain mean  19

0 likes

I think I can get 7 out of the top 20 with any luck:

Wiggins
Rogers
Taaramae
VanGarderen
Pinot
Westra
Boeckmans
Grabsch(in for Morkov)
Zabriskie(in for Cantwell)

Hope the early deadline caught a few out!!!

Pages

Latest Comments