Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bib Shorts Recommendation - Height 197cm (6'6")

Hi,

I am getting back into cycling after being out for 15 years.

I have bought the bike etc but am struggling to find big shorts that are long enough for my long legs. I am 197cm or 6'6".

I have scoured the net and have read that the Assos T FI.Mille do extra length shorts but at £150 a pair, that is quite a lot for someone just getting back into the sport.

I have recently tried on the Castelli Velocissimo Due Bib Short (XXXL) but although it fits my torso, the length of the leg makes me feel like I'm wearing hot pants (maybe an exaggeration).

I live in London and have been to practically every bike shop I can think of and the only bib shorts any of them had in stock were Endura which don't feel all that comfortable.

Can anyone recommend a quality pair of bib shorts with a slightly longer leg?

Thanks,

Jason

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

try the louis garneau evo mondo shorts from evans
long leg as they have compression in the legs too, very comfortable
I'm 70kgs and 6'4" in a medium they are lovely and comfortable

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/louis-garneau/mondo-evo-bib-shorts-e...

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ribble have Assos Mille for £135, and they were doing an extra 10% off that when Cancellara was in yellow, so it might be worth keeping an eye on their website for further deals.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm tall and slim - not as tall as you, but since I take a medium i guess I proportionally have the same probem. After faffing about for ages with lesser shorts, I finally bought some Assos ones in the long leg, and never regretted it. I know that's not particularly helpful, but they do make for a comfy bum.

JamSpot replied to bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that info. It looks like I may need to take the plunge. *gulp*

bigant | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm the same height have some Giordana Tenax in XXXL - they are however a couple of years old so I'm not sure what the current ones are like., they seem to have changed their model names this season - mine were kinda upper middle range ....

Latest Comments