Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDF Stage 8 Belfort-Porrentruy

Plenty of KOM points to be earned today and with 5 climbs before the intermediate sprint it's likely to count the sprinters out of that too.

Looks like a Moncoutie/Hoogerland type stage but you'd then have to dump them for the TT and the risk/reward is too great.

I thought long and hard about a descender but went for the new Maillot Jaune Wiggins instead along with young tyro Taaramae in place of sprinters Greipel and Sagan

Wiggins
Taaramae
Rogers
VanGarderen
Westra
Pinot
Morkov
Cantwell
Boeckmans

Hoping not to haunted by the following names in about 5 hrs time-Hoogerland,Roux,Moncoutie,Voeckler

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go Pinot  4

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sammy broke both hands and a collarbone!!!  31

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ha! Been away for the weekend and return to find my team in tatters! What happened to Sammy? Never mind - should have a half-decent TT team tomorrow. Was 37th after Friday but looks like I'll have to go back to my original aim of top 100...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

French youngster Thibault Pineau takes a superb win on stage eight as Bradley Wiggins retains yellow  19  19  19  19

He's now suddenly Cédric's brother?  13

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

according to the rolling headlines at the top of the bbc sport page Thibault Pineau won today, never heard of him  39

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins
Evans
Menchov
Zubeldia
Pinot
Vichot
Edet
Simon
Boeckmans

Rather happy with two transfers today Zubeldia & Pinot

not much wiggle room for tomorrow transfers

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wanted to put Pinot in my FC team but just didn't have the transfers. I made a complete mess of my star riders the day before so had to change those first. Gutted.

On the other hand, think my Purist team may continue to move forward.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not a bad day today, got Wiggo, Froome and Zubeldia in group home and Rein still holds white by about 6 seconds i think.

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got Evans and wiggins today with a +5. Did hoogerland get any kom? Rein hold onto white?

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's the only fantasy game I'm doing remotely well in.

0 likes

i forgot about the halfords game oops

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good day for my Halfords team (apart from Sanchez).

0 likes

Yup ive given up on the TdF after today, another paltry score it will be, will get outscored by my purist team that has Pinot in it...

Gonna try a good tour de Polonge

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Will all of the skyteam for the the TT tomorrow,or will some take a rest? Froome might take a rest as well as EBH...and let Wiggo go for it alone. . . .but then there is a rest day , so they might all go for it to keep their yellowhelmets. . . .hhhmmm  39  39

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I feel very un-nationalistic, but I've gone for Nibali today . . .and dropped Sagan to do it. . . but I think Sagan could do it...

Star riders
Vicenzo Nibali (LIQ)
Haimar Zubeldia (RSN)
Denis Menchov (KAT)
David Moncoutie (COF)
Domestiques
Kris Boeckmans (VCD)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Sylvester Szmyd (LIQ)
Jonathan Cantwell (SAX)
Michael Morkov (SAX)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No anything for me this year, but knew that from the outset, so my only hope is any overall prize for purist is only for premium players as there are only a few of us up there  19  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have pretty much given up on the TdF now, had a really bad couple of days picking completely the wrong guys for the breaks and having no real plan for the TT tomorrow. Sammy Sanchez going down was just the icing on the cake, had hoped he'd go for the win today with it being downhill but c'est la vie, no bike for me this year  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm watching here for updates, gave up on the race, the start was interesting to see a break go for a change, then the race split all over the shop and the commentators starting talking about scenery, so it's Murray time  4

Aapje | 11 years ago
0 likes

I put in Kessiakoff for the TT tomorrow and he goes crazy today. What luck.

Only now I'm wondering if he can still perform tomorrow.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Aapje | 11 years ago
0 likes
Aapje wrote:

I put in Kessiakoff for the TT tomorrow and he goes crazy today. What luck.

Only now I'm wondering if he can still perform tomorrow.

good call, should still top 20 tomorrow...

If I hadnt changed my original plan by trying to get casar in my team, then i would have had roy

but been as though im stupid i have casar not roy....fail

but thats the way the tour is going for me

0 likes

Moncoutie letting me down!! just 3 points from him so far, need him to take points at the next cat 2 and the cat 1, oh and maybe some sprint points but doubt that

Oh and drheaton it shows just how much five live now, they are only saying it cause sammy won the last olympic road race and the no absolutely nothing!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure it was a collar as he didn't see to be in that position and he was stretchered off like he couldn't walk, I think it was lower down, but didn't get to see much.

Cav's got no chance for the Olympics, he couldn't keep to on the first small climb today  19  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Had BBC Radio 5 on in the car and they reported Sanchez going down as good news for Cav as he was 'a main rival for the Olympics road race'... anyway, they said suspected broken collarbone.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bad luck?? Its Sammy Sanchez, I'm not delighted as it looked bad, but i know a few around me have him  19

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam,

bad luck mate. You never know what might happen though.

My purist team is Meagre Farmer Otto. I'm a few places below you currently.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, i forgot everyone now has a purist team  14  14

I'm only playing purist, so i'm fecked

Sammy Sanchez is out. Hope he's not to badly injured, off in the ambulance

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Really hope this break stays away. 4 of my purist team are in it.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

WHAT A FANTASTIC STAGE....ITS ANYBODYS DAY TODAY....COMPELLING VIEWING....  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope this break gets closed after they took LL back in  20

Can let Voigt go off on his own  19

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sanchez
Taaramae(in for Chavanel)-White jersey points a bonus
Zubeldia(in for Oss)-Shack No1 now?
Menchov
Edet
Albasini
Morkov
Pinot
Iglinsky

surprise surprise Chavanel goes in the break  14

And it looks like a strong group

LuLuSanchez,Millar,Voigt,Riblon,Gilbert,Westra,RuiCosta,Perez,Nicki Sorensen,Curvers

Pages

Latest Comments