Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who pulled the plug out?!

Rumour has it that Dave's pet rabbit George knawed through the wiring and the site went down. Or did someone forget to pay the bill?  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

it's been a long time since I worked in running websites BUT shouldn't they have contingency plans for running a back-up site when the main one goes down?

I can imagine 1/2 an hour down or so but 18 hours is too long.

(PS Not bothered myself about the down time.)

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Same.

Samuel S let me down today  22

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

i'd like to be able to blame webfusion for my bad day at FC, but in reality i made my transfers fine, they were just rubbish  1

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

yeah, they did.  14

anyway, after 18 hours of downwtime and 2 hours back up, even now no-one's really told me what the problem was. apparently some kind of DDOS attack but that's all i've got

the one positive was the fantasy site, which is running on the new server cluster that the main site will also be on, was unaffected. mostly. it was very slow in the morning as it was trying to drag the ads and some images from the unresponsive main site. so apologies for that.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope webfusionuk got a lot of shouts from us.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Weyy, backin business.

I've been bored for the last 17 hours or whatever it's been, reduced to following @roadcc on twitter  31  31

Latest Comments