Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 5 Rouen-StQuentin

The second of a 3 part sprinters trilogy.

Will Cav recover?,can Greipel do it again?,is Kittel feeling better?

All will be revealed I guess

I currently lead the Tour and have this team for today(and tomorrow barring any abandons).

Cavendish
Grepel
Sagan
Veelers(for Freire)
Cantwell
Morkov(for Urtasun)
Impey
Boeckmans
Cooke

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

41 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, van Hummel 14th, better than nothing. Ladagnous gets combativity according to the LeTour website - a bit of a French decision I feel - Ghyselinck and Urtasun were the two that really went for it at the end surely?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ladagnous took 12th at the line and instigated the break, I think that's fair (plus, he's in my team).

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ha! Fair enough if he did a lot of the work in the break, I only saw the last 20k. Guilty of forming an opinion based on very little knowledge there!
I thought I'd be average today, but actually moved up into the top 100. Can make one transfer today (Boeckmans out) and still have 4 transfers for tomorrow to get rid of my star sprinters - finding it a lot more difficult to pick stars for the weekend though!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lampre took Farrar out.

lol

adholman replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

4 transfers? are you sure you can do that?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Loving the highlights tonight, can't believe Griepel managed to stay upright after bouncing between Farrar and Sagan (although annoyed he took out Sagan X()

Still amazes me how good the riders are at handling their bikes in those kind of situations.

chrisdstripes replied to adholman | 11 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

4 transfers? are you sure you can do that?

Yep - I see your other thread so looks like you've worked it out. Its a handy rule!

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Took out JJ too. I'm crap, have no idea what i'm doing, can't pick a ds to save myself. Thinking that FDJ are going to send a different person into the break every day, so trying Pineau for tommorrow. What stage will Casar go for is the thing bothering me most. 14th of July is nearly pan flat. Maybe casar goes Sunday, I think i'll try him then.

Plan B is to go for 5 2-3 point ds and pile the rest into the stars after the TT, can't do any worse than i'm doing.  4  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sunday is where i wished Casar was actually a star rider at his 16 credit price (due to my credit situation)....

Anyway a diff frenchman will be in for sat/sun  3

Alan Tullett replied to silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes
silas chime wrote:

A lone breakaway rider in first place over all the checkpoints in stage 8 for example would get:

Climbs 1-5 5pts each
Intermediate sprint 15pts
climb 6 5pts
climb 7 10pts
likely combative award 10pts
at least 4 end of day KOM comp pts

69 points and could still bump that up by finishing last(unlikely but not impossible) and on the winners team!!!

So pick them!!! That's half the fun of the game. I have had several riders this year get upwards of 60 points and it gives me a far bigger kick than getting 1,2 or more in a sprint.

And there aren't many more points on offer this year than last. Even last year, I think intermediate sprint points in the Tour were 10 down to 1 and there are fewer points if a rider comes lower down the order on the lower cat climbs, in line with the Tour itself, compared to last year so your guy or guys has to come first or second to get much early on.

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Another fall, sounds like a big one, caused by someone from Garmin. Not sure if it's inside last 3km but sounds like carnage!

Also, Baden Cooke riding the last 5km on a flat tire, what a legend.

That's nothing! I rode 28 miles on a flat at the weekend after doing 80 and missed the second half of The Euros because of my stupid decision to take a mended inner tube out with me that didn't work.

Pages

Latest Comments